My Top Five Rookie’s (<$200k) of the week:
1) H Jolly (Mid 159k) Jolly has been getting plenty of it with 22 possies this week and 20 the week before. He also took 5 marks and layed 3 takles and finished with an impressive 98 SC points. Whilst his price has already started to go up having played 3, he had a slow first up run, so his price is still very reasonable. Also, with Yablett likely to spend at least a week or two on the sidelines which could easily become 3-4 weeks giving him lots of extra opportunity in the midfield.
2) R Thompson (Ruck 110k) Time to downgrade a ruckman for a cash-in? Well local Qld boy Thompson might just be the guy you’re looking for with his first run returning 88 SC points, in a performance seeing him get 16 disposals, 7 marks and 4 tackles…. Will be interested to see if he can back it up. Also, for those of you looking for a ruck downgrade like I am Moran is on the bubble this week, so keep you eye open for him on the selection table.
3) A Hooper (Def 110k) Hooper was the first player in 25 years to debut in a final last year. He’s disposals didn’t set the world on fire but did kick a couple of goals and layed 3 tackles and finished with 66 SC points.
4) L Parker (Mid 155) Parker has played 5 games now, and has an average of 43 so hasn’t been setting the world on fire….. Though this week he toped the table with 106 SC points. If this was his first game I would be raving, but given this is his fifth game and first good score I feel it’s a one off as it was against GC. He had 26 disposals, 7 marks, kicked 2.1.
5) D Talia (Def/Fwd 110k) Had a Bye this week, so might be worth consideration. If he gets selected and plays another good one expect him to be at top of the table next week and coming into my team. Talia was a high draft pick back in 2009 taken at pick 13, but has been hit by a series of injuries which prevented his debut. Well, he’s fully fit now, and has a game under his belt and racked up 15 disposals, took 1 mark and layed 5 tackles and finished with 92 SC points. He’s a Fwd/Def DPP which isn’t useful as you standard Def/Mid unless you have someone to swap him with. He’s only played the one so far, so hold fire if you can.
Here is the rookie data for you to analyse in your spare time, and form your own opinions:
|R16 SC||SC Average||Games||Player||Pos||Price||Team|