Apologies for being a day late getting out the RR, but those of you who have been regular readers for a long time would know I did my achillies 18 months ago, and guess what, I did the opposite one last week and had surgery yesterday so have been out of action. Also, interesting fact is I did my last one about a month before Roughy did his, so look out in about a month’s time for your opposite achillies Roughy (not that I’d wish it on anyone).
Anyway, on to my Top Five Rookie’s (<$200k) of the week:
1) T Couch (Mid/Fwd $94k) Couch retains top billing this week, not so much because of his scores, but more because of JS, DPP, bargain price and he’s on the bubble. To reiterate from last week, Couch is the son of one of my favorite players when I was a kid Paul Couch, Tom Couch has a lot of potential and a lot of the attributes of his old man. He’s now got his first two runs under his belt and had 13 disposals with 9 tackles, and backed it up with 12 disposals and another 5 tackles resulting in scores of 57 and 51 respectively. Toot toot! All aboard… Oh, did I mention he’s $94k DPP.
2) J Bruce (Fwd $113k) Bruce has crept a little under the radar playing one game back in round 5 scoring 37, but came back in for second run this week and belted out an 88. This week Bruce had 15 disposals with 9 marks. I am concerned for the JS for all the second tier GWS players given word on the street is they are going to switch back to all their best players to try and improve results this week. Though, based on last weeks performance, I’d suggest he’s a good chance of keeping his spot.
3) M Baguley (Mid/Def $94k) Having on watched Baguley last week, I fully ‘expect’ he will get dropped. However, sticking purely to the numbers it would be remiss of me not to give him a mention, as his scores of 79 and a 57 are solid and he’s $94k and on the bubble. He had 20 disposals against and 2 tackles against Port, and then this week just had 13 disposals and 2 tackles in the Bombers dismal performance against the Cats.
4) A McInnes (Def $174k) The Blues season is over, Murphy is damaged goods, Juddy is firming as the leagues dodgiest player. Yet, Mottsy can still sleep at night at the thought of McInnes. Mottsy is so impressed he’s needed to use some of Big Kevs super stain remover to clean his undies at the sheer thought of McInnes. His scores are building nicely with 51, 77 and 83. He’s had 12, 14 and 13 disposals along with plenty of marks and tackles giving him very solid JS in the foreseeable future.
5) T Bell (Def $104k) Bell has only played the one game and racked up a lazy 75 (requiring Motts to source some more difficult to find Big Kevs stain remover). However, I’d suggest despite his solid first up hit out, his JS will be short lived with the Baggers likely to get some players back, unless they have already started to focus on 2013. Let’s see if he gets picked this week, and if he does, can he back it up.
Here is the rookie data:
|R17 SC||SC Average||Games||Player||Pos||Price||Team|