Just a reminder that I keep players on the list for the week they jump over $200k and will take them off the list the following week. Also, I must mention that big Isi Folau so reminds me of K last season as Isi started at $124k, and has actually gone down to $116k after 3 rounds, so condolences to 37000 teams who have him, and a big shout out to Bob who I tried to warn…..
My Top Five Rookie’s (<$200k) of the week:
1) J Magner (Mid 180k) Last call for anyone looking for cash…. Probably has another 200+k to go up if you haven’t already got the ball magnet(r). One reporter joking wrote he may win the Demons B&F…… now it’s not that funny.
2) A Treloar (Mid/Fwd 113k) Another shining light in another shellacking for GWS was the form of former Dandenong Stingray Adam Treloar. Treloar played a solid game picking up 8 kicks, 9 handballs kicked 1.1 and layed a couple of tackles scoring a very respectable 73. He’s only played the one game, so if you don’t need to trade, hold out another week to see how he goes.
3) K Stevens (Mid 135k) Stevens has played seven games in the previous two years and has had good form with East Fremantle. Stevens had 19 disposals in his first game of 2012, albeit against GWS, he was solid getting 10 kicks and 9 handballs and laying 3 tackles. I understand Stevens might get a little more opportunity with Embley out for a while and has the added bonus of being in the system for a couple of years already. Koby scored a very respectable 81 in his first hit out of 2012, though like Treloar he has only played one game, so hold out another week if you can.
4) O Stephenson (Ruck 106k) I was at this game and can say I wasn’t particularly impressed, but the numbers don’t lie and his score of 81 was impressive. Though I would still rate him behind Redden and Giles. That said, the ruck stocks at the Cattery are very low and if West went down, there aren’t many (any) other options. Anyway, if you need a cheap rookie ruck option for a reason I couldn’t even imagine, then big O is your man.
5) S Morris (Def 157k) I was looking to give you a defensive option and was struggling to find someone that was really good value and will deliver a good return. It seems Morris at 157k and with a solid score on the weekend of 64 is probably your best bet. Morris seems to be improving with each game, and seems to have found a spot in the team at Tigger-land.
Here is the rookie data:
|R3 SC||SC Average||Games||Player||Pos||Price||Team|
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom