My Top Five Rookie’s (<$200k) of the week:
1) J McDonald (Mid 106k) Old McDonald had a cash cow, ei, ei-o. After a two week hiatus due to a round 1 indiscretion, the experienced former Melbourne Captain will get plenty of games this year but also sure to get a rest like every other rookie. However, his bigger body and experience in a small-bodied, inexperienced team is sure to see him stand out. His first two games have reinforced his ability to score with 100 and 78 in his first two.
Side note: I wonder if Melb now wished they hadn’t forced McDonald to retire, and treated Cameron Bruce with some respect, and perhaps given Brad Miller a hug. All three are better that most of the rubbish they are putting out on the paddock now.
2) A Treloar (Mid/Fwd 113k) The GWS rookie factory just keeps pumping them out, and Treloar from the Dandenong Stingrays may be one of the best. Treloar has picked up 17 and 18 disposals in his first two games and his dual position capability makes him hard to resist. Treloar has scored back-to-back 76’s which is as good as any of the kids we have seen this year.
3) S Shaw (Def 113k) Shaw has only played the one game, and Shaw/sure it was only against GWS but he picked up 13 disposals and layed 3 tackles. Shaw scored 71 in his first hit-out and with not many other cheap rookie defenders up for grabs Shaw is a good option if you need a defender and he is a 193cm and plays a key defensive role. He has been dogged by injury in his first few years in the system and finally makes his debut. I wouldn’t rush out and trade him in unless you are desperate, so lets see how he goes next week.
4) A Miles (Mid 113k) I had Miles in my pre-season team, but his non-selection forced a change, but now he has one game under his belt and picked up 15 disposals and layed an incredible 6 tackles resulting in a first up score of 74. Let’s see how he goes this week.
5) D Pfeiffer (Mid/Fwd 126k) I broke one of my personal rules at the start of the season by naming Pfeiffer I was that confident he would get a game early. The one way I could force him to get a game was to trade him out which I did a week ago. Pfeiffer is a mature age rookie playing in a very average team. He picked up 20 disposals with 3 tackles and a goal in his first game scoring him 64 points. Let’s see how he rolls this week (Oh, and his mum did a great job playing cat-woman in the Batman movie)
Here is the rookie data:
|R4 SC||SC Average||Games||Player||Pos||Price||Team|
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom