My Top Five Rookie’s (<$200k) of the week:
1) D Pfeiffer (Mid/Fwd 126k) Michelle’s brother is off to a solid start picking up 20 disposals, one goal and 3 tackles in his first hit out, and has now backed it up with another 15 disposals with 2 tackles. The result was two respectable scores of 64 and 60. It’s also worth mentioning that Pfeiffer is a 24yo mature age rookie who has the added bonus of being a Mid/Fwd dual position player. With two games under his belt, now is the time to strike.
2) J Stringer (Mid 113k) Stringer was picked up by the cats in the 2010 rookie draft, and got off to a slow start in his first match being the Sub and only getting 6 disposals and 2 tackles, but this week with some real game time, you could see Jesse was prepared to get a hard ball and got 15 disposals and layed an unbelievable 10 tackles…. Yes 10 tackles for a second game player. The result being improving scores of 39 and 87 in his first two games. If he can keep up that tackle count, no coach would want to drop him.
3) K Horsely (Mid 128k) Only the one game, but a 24yo rookie who finished runner up in the Sandover Medal. In his first game he got 19 possessions and layed 8 tackles resulting in 87 SC points. Wait till next week if you can.
4) T Adams (Fwd 136k) Another who’s only had the one run and was picked up by GWS at Pick 13 in the 2011 national draft. Adams had a great start with 17 possessions and 3 tackles. The end result was 80 super SC points. Wait another week.
5) B Wilkes (Def 106k) Wilkes is on the list to give you a defensive option. He did play 23 games with WC in 2010 before being delisted and is a 26yo big bodied player. He only had 5 disposals but kicked 3 goals. He scored 52 in his first run at AFL level since 2010, and highly recommend you give him another week to see how it goes and check out his job security.
Here is the rookie data:
|R5 SC||SC Average||Games||Player||Pos||Price||Team|