My Top Five Rookie’s (<$200k) of the week:
1) L Thompson (Def 184k) Thompson took it to another level in his third game, and I know a of Supercoachers picked up Thomo last week before his first price hike. Well Thomo was stand out rookie of round six dominating the Crows half-back line…. He’s taller than he looks at 196cm, and his job security took a leap forward during the game when Phil Davis went down with a dislocated shoulder and ‘may’ be out for the season. Thompson has taken a step forward each week with 9, 19 and 20 possessions in each of his first 3 games… and most importantly scored 126 SC points on the weekend.
2) M Writght (Mid 103k) Wright had his second game and is still a bargain at 103k. He played very well in the midfield complimenting the likes of Scott Thompson and Dangerfield picking up 14 possessions, laying 4 tackles and kicking a goal. He snagged a lazy 83 SC points in a very solid performance, and the fact the Crows had a win only increases his chances of getting another run.
3) M Wallis (Mid 103k) Wallis was touted by many at the start of the season as a starter for the Doggies and believed he was well ahead of Lil-Libba. Well Libba has been a superstar amongst rookies, and whilst I wouldn’t normally have Wallis in the top 5 with scores of 22 and 54. He was a Sub in his first game accounting for the low score, and bounced back well. I’m hoping he doesn’t get dropped when Higgins and Gia return, but I’m keen to get him into my team…… again, if you’re considering him, wait till the teams out.
4) B McCauley (Ruck 138k) If you’re looking for a rookie Ruck for either bench coverage or a ruck downgrade, options have been few and far between, but you can’t go past MacCauley. He looks pretty good, forcing Clark to play half/full forward and Leuennberger to alternate in the ruck and Big Johnno Brown had massive wraps on him on the footy show. McCauley scored 61 in his third game and averages 61 and is still very cheap at 138k.
5) M Hibberd (Mid/Def 103k) Hibberd was in my team until the eve of round 1 when he wasn’t named, he’s now had his first run and has a little more opportunity with two permanent spots opened up by Dempsey and Winderlich’s ACL’s should create a little opportunity. I’m still not 100% sure about his job security, and I highly recommend waiting until next week if you can to ensure he gets named. Hibberd scored a very solid first-up 68 and even more importantly (in my mind) he a DPP that you can swap with BJ, Lids and Gibbs.
Here is the rookie data for you to analyse in your spare time, and form your own opinions:
|R6 SC||SC Average||Games||Player||Pos||Price||Team|
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom