My Top Five Rookie’s (<$200k) of the week:
1) T Lynch (Fwd 138k) This is the first time I’ve given top billing to someone who didn’t play. Well that is what the bye does for you. Lynchy played his two games leading into the GC bye. He’s 199cm and 91kg’s, fairly mobile for a big man. He did way better than expected in his first game scoring a massive 95 SC points and backed it up again with another 82 SC Points. Lynch had 19 disposals, took 10 marks (amazing… and 9 marks in his first game) and kicked 2 goals… so fairly impressed.
2) B Jacobs (Mid/Def 113k) Jacobs was Ports first choice in last years draft and I believe would have been set to play round 1, if it wasn’t for a bout of glandular fever. Jacobs starred for Vic Metro last year averaging 29 possies a game. Anyway, Jacobs is back now and had a quiet first up run getting 14 touches and 38 SC points, and this week Jacobs went to another level with 22 disposals took 5 marks, kicked 1.1 and layed 3 tackles and finished up with 75 SC points. Oh, and Jacobs has great Job Security with Port having nothing but the future to focus on.
3) M Hibberd (Mid/Def 154k) Hibberds third run on the rookie review, but still great value at 154k. I’m still a little concerned he hasn’t had more opportunity since two permanent spots opened for the Bombers with Dempsey and Winderlich’s ACL’s. However, Hocking being suspended for 3 weeks will help, so hopefully wont be forced out when Hurley returns. This was the best of his three games racked up a lazy 75 points.
4) P Puopolo (Def 154k) Puopolo’s job security got a big boost when Gillham went down for the season, as I was quite concerned about his job security…. And with opportunity, comes confidence. Puopolo is still great value at 154k, but this is your last real chance to pick him up. He racked up with 71 SC Points this week and picked up 14 disposals, 1 mark and 5 tackles.
5) M Evans (Mid 91k) or L Delaney (Def 103k) These two boys are both actual “Rookie listed” and have both played a single game and both bargain basement prices. They picked up 74 and 76 SC points respectively. Evans had 27 disposals, 9 marks and 6 tackles, yet efficiency must have been low for that score, whilst Delaney had 9 disposals, 2 marks and 3 tackles. If your considering either of these two, do yourself a favor and wait till next week.
Here is the rookie data for you to analyse in your spare time, and form your own opinions:
|R9 SC||SC Average||Games||Player||Pos||Price||Team|
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom