Who would’ve thought we’d have such a high-scoring weekend of Supercoach? Especially after all the selection chaos of last Thursday night! Safe to say that many would’ve lagged behind without the likes of Shaw & Goldstein in their teams (and as Captain). While Shaw is almost out-of-reach for those wanting to recruit him ($639k and rising!), Goldy still presents great value before his impending price rise this week. Is he the Flavour Of The Week? Here are the Most Traded IN Players ahead of Rd10 (SC Gold as of 24.5.16 at 6am):
1 – Jacob Hopper (GWS $193 800, MID)
+ Backed up his 106pts debut with 74 against the Dogs. 18 touches (eight contested) and six marks at 72% Disposal Efficiency.
+ Looks a solid rookie option ‘on the bubble’, getting a game ahead of Jack Steele (among others).
+ BreakEven of -64 with projected BEs of -7 & 2.
– Very pricy for a rookie. Not the greatest choice for building a war chest.
– Ryan Griffen to come back soon, might push Hopper out of the team? A number of teammates waiting in the reserves to get back in as well.
2 – Bailey Williams (WBD $117 300, DEF/MID)
+ 60 & 54 from his first two games at AFL level. 16 touches (75%DE) & four marks against the Giants on the weekend.
+ BE of -44 with projected BEs of -14 & 2, won’t be any cheaper this year.
+ Dual Position Status is always handy. Can be used to swap over in the midfield with players like Bartel, McVeigh, Yeo, Rich or B.Smith (as back-up in case of injuries) or simply as a loophole option (if not playing)
– It’s all a question of job security with Williams. The Dogs have a sizeable injury list at the moment. Matthew Boyd returns this week from suspension with Adams & Suckling expected back in the next two weeks. Hard to see Williams holding his spot for too long (in my opinion).
3 – Sam Docherty (CAR $554 700, DEF)
+ Three Round Avg of 134 after 120, 147 & 135 against Collingwood, Port & North respectively. Has hit a purple patch!
+ Averaging 109 over the first nine Rounds, having hit the ton six times already (twice as many as 2015!).
+ BE of 50 means he won’t be at this price for a few weeks (at least).
– Last two years averages were 76 & 87. Can he maintain the current 109avg for the rest of the year? Is this a genuine breakout performance? Or are you jumping in at his peak price for the sake of a ‘purple patch’?
4 – Todd Goldstein (NTH $574 800, RUCK)
+ I don’t need to harp on too much about Goldy. Was the #1 SC player of 2015 with an average of 128.
+ Seven tons from nine games this year including a 172 & 173 (just last weekend). That 49 against the Dogs is now out of his scoring cycle.
+ BE of 66. This might be the last time he’s under $600k this year. He’s the #1 Ruck in Supercoach, not having him is a disadvantage!
– Nine of the last fourteen games are against fellow Top8 sides, might find the going tougher? I’m reaching here, aren’t I? If you have a Ruckman that isn’t Gawn or Nic Nat, you should probably trade them in for Goldy………
5 – Matt Priddis (WCE $502 800, MID)
+ After three sub-100 games, The Perm has hit back with 123 & 112 at his last two.
+ Has averaged 110+ over numerous seasons, always a solid performer!
+ BE of 65 and coming up against the depleted Suns in Perth. Last year against the Suns: 196 & 125! Last chance to jump on at this price!
– Disposal Efficiency was the main reason for his recent scoring slump, going as low as 50% at times. Maybe you want to back against him this year? Otherwise, he seems a great value pick……..
Nos. 6-10: Dayne Zorko (BRL), Heath Shaw (GWS), Rhys Mathieson (BRL), Dustin Martin (RIC), Scott Pendlebury (COL).
Most Traded OUT Players: Darcy Byrne-Jones (PTA), Mitch Brown (ESS), Daniel Wells (NTH), Ben Kennedy (MEL), Marcus Adams (WBD), Tom Papley (SYD), Connor Menadue (RIC), Aaron Hall (GCS), Gary Ablett (GCS), Darcy Parish (ESS).
Most Popular Trades ahead of Rd10 (pictured below):
Be sure to check out the SCT Leagues Update later today to see which leagues are up there in the overall competition (we still have one in the Top20!). MJ presents his Fallen Premiums as always on Wednesday morning. Father Dougal gives us the projections on cash cows in his Cow Talk thread on Wednesday afternoon. Plus Movers & Shakers, Bubble Busters, Burning Question, The Captains Table and full teams as they’re announced. SuperCoachTalk is your daily SC-fix!
So is it worth getting Hopper in this week? Should we go with the cheaper option in Williams? Is Goldy a must for all non-Goldy teams? Tell us all about it in the poll and comments below………
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom