We find ourselves smack-bang in the Bye Rounds. With three trades each week, it’s bloody tempting to use them all up quickly. This week’s Flavour gives us another nice mix of rookies and premiums as Coaches try and finalise their ideal line-ups during the Byes. The backline seems to be the main focus of upgrading this week. The most traded IN players are (SC Gold on 21.6.16 at 5am):
1 – Sam J. Reid (GWS, $118 900, FWD/MID)
+ 13 touches and a goal for his 57 pts on the weekend. Followed up his 46 against Sydney a week earlier.
+ Dual Position Status!
+ Rd15 Bye might be helpful for those struggling with their Bye Structures.
+ BreakEven of -30 with projected BE of -15, at his very cheapest!
– Only 46% Disposal Efficiency & four clangers on the weekend doesn’t necessarily make for great reading.
– There’s a couple of injuries at the Giants that are mid to long-term which may help Reid hold his spot. Not sure how long he’ll be there after the Bye Rounds though.
2 – Tom Phillips (COLL, $117 300, MID/FWD)
+ 64 pts on debut against Melbourne – 15 touches (eight contested) & five tackles.
+ Dual Position Status!
+ Certainly wasn’t the worst on Queens Birthday with Crocker & Smith more likely to be omitted this week (in my opinion).
+ The kid had big wraps on him over pre-season, surely he gets his chance now at senior level.
– Four clangers hurt his score on debut.
– Magpies are rotating their rookies fairly regularly through the seniors. As with all rookies, job security is always a week-to-week query.
– Just the one game so far. Many of us have already gone early on S.Collins or Trengove. Do we dare try our luck once again?
3 – Sam Docherty (CARL, $575 700, DEF)
+ Has hit career-best form this season, running at a 110avg (huge for a DEF!).
+ Eight tons already this year with the last five all over 120+!!
+ Looks locked in as a Top6 DEF for 2016.
+ SC Finals opponents: HAW, STK, BRL & MEL
– Are his best scores now behind him for the year? Previous best avg was 88 last season. That’s a big jump to 110. Purple patch of form? Or should we expect that of Doc all the time?
4 – Rory Laird (ADE, $471 900, DEF)
+ Finds himself at an affordable price after a four week injury lay-off (& the 74 pts upon return).
+ Has scored 90+ in six of eight games till now this season. That follows last seasons avg of 93.8.
+ Adelaide only faces three current Top8 teams in the last ten games of the year, favorable draw.
+ Hasn’t had less than 20 touches in a game this year. Only went under 20 disposals three times in 2015. Capable of being Top6 DEF from THIS point onwards!
– Ankle injury likely to flare up again?
5 – Kade Simpson (CARL, $528 700, DEF)
+ Veteran that has averaged 89+SC pts in a season on nine occasions. Reached a 100 avg in 2010.
+ Only missed five games over the last nine (!!) seasons, very durable!
+ Looks a shoe-in again for a Top6 DEF spot.
+ Eight tons already this season, hasn’t gone under 84 pts!
+ As with Docherty, favorable draw over the SC Finals.
– Can he keep up the 105avg given his history of 90-95 averages? Like Docherty, are his best scores already past him this year?
Nos. 6-10: Dustin Martin (RIC), Alex Rance (RIC), Leigh Montagna (STK), Brett Deledio (RIC), Scott Pendlebury (COLL).
Most Traded OUT Players: Darcy Byrne-Jones (PTA), Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (ESS), Marcus Adams (WBD), Tom Liberatore (WBD), Christian Petracca (MEL), Luke Dahlhaus (WBD), Josh Dunkley (WBD), Nic Naitanui (WCE), Mitch Brown (ESS), Ben Kennedy (MEL).
Most Popular Trades (pictured below):
SCT Leagues Update will be up later today. The SCT Leagues have organized their byes well and a couple have made some decent moves! MJ’s Fallen Premiums are always a must-read. Father Dougal and his spreadsheet wizardry will give us the cash projections on all rookies in the Cow Talk thread on Wednesday afternoon. Plus Movers & Shakers, Bubble Busters, Trade Or Hold, The Captains Table and full teams as they’re announced. It may be another short week (Thursday start!) but the Supercoach analysis continues at SCT!
Have you opted for any of this weeks popular trade-ins? Are you also looking to beef up your back line? Have you found a sneaky, cheaper option for the remaining ten Rounds? Any pros & cons that I missed that you may like to add? We’d love to hear about it in the Forum!
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom