At a guess, I’d say you have 8-11 trades left plus a handful of cash in the bank. Odds are that your team is nearing full completion and you’re just searching for those few premos to fill in the gaps. Make these last trades count! Keep in mind that most rookies that are traded in at this stage will (most likely) be your bench cover for the remainder of the season. You might have to rely on some of these rookies in an important final, or to make the Top8 at all. If that’s not what you’d like, then back to the drawing board……….make these last trades count! The most popular traded-IN players ahead of Rd15 are (SC Gold on 28.6.16 at 5am):
1 – Tom Phillips (COL, $117 300, FWD/MID)
+ Dual Position Status, can be swapped easily with a host of premium FWD/MIDs for flexibility. Very handy when injuries start setting in.
+ BreakEven of -80 with projected BEs of -50 & -5, won’t get any cheaper now!
+ Just the one clanger from 19 touches against Freo for his 87 pts. That followed a 64 on debut.
– Would normally mention job security with a rookie but he’s far from Collingwood’s worst player at the moment. Seems to be his spot to lose in the line-up right now.
– If you’re bringing Phillips in, is it as bench cover for the rest of the year? Or just to generate cash for another upgrade in 4-5 weeks time? Have a plan…….stick to it……..
2 – Leigh Montagna (STK, $475 100, FWD/MID)
+ Reliable Supercoach scorer over the years, having averaged 110+ during four seasons (including a 125avg in 2009!).
+ Is at his cheapest price of $475k due to uncharacteristic 45 against the Crows.
+ Gone over 100+ on seven occasions this year with further two scores in the 90s.
+ Dual Position Status.
+ Favorable draw – Saints only face three Top8 sides in the last nine games of the year.
– Is he past his best? Can he maintain a 100avg for the remainder of the year?
3 – Nathan Broad (RIC, $117 300, DEF)
+ Solid on debut for the Tigers with fourteen touches and four marks for his 66 pts.
+ Could be the defensive downgrade option we’ve been waiting for.
– Only came in as a late replacement for Ben Griffiths. How long can he keep his spot ahead of Try Chaplin and Jake Batchelor? And why didn’t he crack this Tiger line-up earlier despite the wraps on him during pre-season? I’d like to see more of him (Tigers supporter) but I wouldn’t trust Dimma Hardwick to give him a game each week.
– Still just played the one game. Anything could happen before his price rises. Is it absolutely necessary that he comes into your side this week?
– Tigers play five Top8 sides over the final nine weeks. Can Broad hold up under the pressure?
– Do you want Broad sitting on your bench as back-up till the end of the season?
4 – Sam Docherty (CAR, $567 100, DEF)
+ In career-best form having averaged 110 over the first thirteen games of the season.
+ Nine tons, eight of which were over 110+, impressive numbers!
+ Looks the next best defender after Heath Shaw, Top6 spot in defence looks safe.
– Can he maintain a 110 avg over the last nine games as well? Is he worth paying the $567k at this stage? Or would you be better off looking for a value pick that might avg 100 for the rest of the year?
– Previous best season avg was 88pts in 2015. Is this just a (ridiculously long) purple patch?
5 – Gary Ablett (GCS, $606 200, MID)
+ I should have his numbers memorized by now 😉 The only player in SC history to have averaged 125+ during SEVEN seasons! He is the SC God………
+ Has come back from his week off from concussion with scores of 143, 121, 127 & 159. He is flying! Must I go on?
– Has had his injury niggles/problems over the past two years. That’s the only thing that’ll stop him. Either you’ve got him in your side or you’re betting against him (hoping he gets injured again).
Nos. 6-10: Dan Hannebery (SYD), Rory Sloane (ADE), Max Gawn (MEL), Dustin Martin (RIC), Kade Simpson (CAR).
Most Traded OUT Players: Ryan Davis (GCS), Jacob Hopper (GWS), Sam Kerridge (CAR), Ben Keays (BRL), Tom Ruggles (GEE), Darcy Tucker (FRE), Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (ESS), Christian Petracca (MEL), Aaron Hall (GCS), Darcy Byrne-Jones (PTA).
Most Popular Trades for Rd15 (pictured below):
Having another short week doesn’t mean we’ve let up on the SC analysis! MJ brings us his Fallen Premiums on Wednesday morning. The Good Father Dougal shows off his excel wizardry with the cash cows in Cow Talk. Plus SCT Leagues Update, Burning Question, Table For Two, Trade Or Hold, The Captains Table and full teams as they’re announced. Plenty more to come at SCT!
Did I miss any pros or cons above? Be sure to let me know in the comments below! Can’t stress it enough…….make sure you have a plan with your trades for the next few weeks. With such few left over, you should only be looking at finalizing your ideal team and having a few (ideally 4-5) left for the SC-Finals. Do you need a reminder of the injuries that came our way late last season (Fyfe, Parker, Franklin just to name a few)? Judging by the results in SCT Leagues, our Coaches have mapped out their bye strategies beautifully. The challenge now is to stick at it till seasons’ end. Good luck, Supercoaches!!
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom