Venue: Domain Stadium at 4:40pm AEST
Last 5 times:
R1, 2016, Western Bulldogs 15.13 (103) d Fremantle Dockers 5.8 (38) at Etihad Stadium
R7, 2015, Fremantle Dockers 15.11 (101) d Western Bulldogs 14.4 (88) at Etihad Stadium
R11, 2014, Fremantle Dockers 13.11 (89) d Western Bulldogs 6.15 (51) at Etihad Stadium
R2, 2013, Fremantle Dockers 16.10 (106) d Western Bulldogs 11.12 (78) at Etihad Stadium
R15, 2012, Fremantle Dockers 14.11 (95) d Western Bulldogs 8.9 (57) at Domain Stadium
Top SC scorers from last match:
- Fremantle: Neale 109, Sheridan 97
- Western Bulldogs: Jason Johannisen 130, Biggs 118, Liberatore 115, Murphy 112, Bontempelli 110
- In: Zac Dawson, Matthew Pavlich, Aaron Sandilands, Matt de Boer
- Out: Matt Taberner (Omitted), Jonathon Griffin (Omitted), Sam Collins (Omitted), Zac Clarke (Omitted)
- In: Dale Morris, Will Minson, Matthew Suckling, Koby Stevens, Bailey Williams
- Out: Jordan Roughead (Calf), Lukas Webb (Omitted), Roarke Smith (Omitted), Easton Wood (Ankle), Toby McLean (Omitted)
Game notes: The Dockers have plenty to play for in Matthew Pavlich’s final game. It might be the end of an era at Fremantle given the uncertain future of a number of other Dockers. The Bulldogs will want to spoil the party given a home final is at stake for them. The Bulldogs have not won in Perth since 2010 and they will hardly get a better chance to end that drought given how poorly the Dockers have played this year. But a win is far from guaranteed, especially given the nature of the occasion. The Dockers look set to be bolstered by some experienced personnel for one of the rare times this season while the Bulldogs can’t take a trick with their own injury issues.
The 6 Points
1. The Bulldogs blew the Dockers away in the first half in round one, kicking nine goals to one. The Bulldogs dominated most of the important stats, 498-340 disposals, 116-98 marks and 57-30 inside 50s. Jake Stringer starred with five goals.
2. Fremantle is ranked last for inside 50s and marks inside 50 this season. At the other end the Dockers have conceded 98 points per game in 2016 compared to 71 in 2015.
3. The Bulldogs are lowest scoring side in the top eight, averaging only 86 points per game. They are ranked 10th overall for scoring. Fremantle is 16th for scoring.
4. This is the Dockers’ worst season at Domain Stadium since 2001. They’ve managed only two home wins this year. In 2001 they won just once. But the Bulldogs have lost their last six games at the venue.
5. The Bulldogs remain the highest ranked team for disposals per game with 413.1 while Fremantle has been a low disposal team, ranked 13th averaging 367 per game.
6. The Dockers have four players, Nat Fyfe (19), David Mundy (34), Michael Walters (38) and Lachie Neale (40) in the top 40 of the AFL Player Ratings. The Western Bulldogs have just two, Marcus Bontempelli (five) and Jake Stringer (30).
Thommo’s tip: Western Bulldogs by 24 points
While we do our best to update posts with end of quarter scores, we aren’t always online so if you have access to the scores and see they haven’t gone into the Comments section of this post, the Community would love it if you could help us out.
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom