Our thanks to site champion, Rustee, for throwing this together for us. Love your work, Rus.
Thursday 24th of March 2011, 7:40 PM – MCG
Carlton- W L W W L
Richmond- L L W L L
Matthew Kreuzer (knee) – 2-3 weeks
Luke Mitchell (shoulder) – 1 weeks
Satanta O’hAlpin- TBA
Mitch Farmer (ankle) – TBA
With rumours circulating around both camps that stars are under injury clouds (Brett Deledio and Marc Murphy), this match could go even further in favour of Carlton, as the loss of Deledio would effect Richmond more than the loss of Murphy due to Carlton’s very powerful midfield.
With the Tigers preseason form being poor (and I’m being kind to them), Carlton are massive favourites taking into account that they nearly beat Geelong in the final week. Although Richmond were without Deledio for most of the preseason. If he is under an injury cloud then this should be a massive blow out in favour of Carlton. My prediction is Carlton by 43 points.
- Chris Judd – Last years Brownlow Medallist will have his say in this game, we all know he has the ability to turn a game on its head in one quarter.
- Jarrad Waite – If they are going to kick goals hes going to have to play a part in them along with Henderson, he is the key target.
- Chris Yarran – His run off half back in the nab cup/challenge has set up most of their play, Carlton have to continue to put the ball in his hands if they are going to be great on the rebounds/turnovers from their back half.
- Jeff Gartlett – He has the X factor needed to inspire Carlton he did it against Geelong before they fell agonyly short. His defensive pressure in the forward 50 is dominant.
- Jack Riewoldt – The Coleman Medallist from last season is back after an injury interrupted preseason. If Richmond are to have any chance its going to be on the back the this guy kicking 5+ at the least.
- Brett Deledio – His run around all parts of the ground will be crucial to their chances and also Jumpin’ Jack’s chances of kicking a bag.
- Daniel Jackson – How he performs on Judd (which i think will be his match up) will be crucial, if he lowers Judd’s influence in all 4 quarters then they are in with a big chance.
Predicted Key match ups
Judd V Jackson
Grigg V Yarran
Carrazzo V Deledio
Murphy V Connors
Predicted SC top scorers
Predicted Low Scorers (Minus Subs)
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom