I don’t know about you but I hate these partial lockouts. I’ll be out having a drink before tomorrow night’s game when the final teams come out and then I’ll be madly scrambling with my phone trying to trade players in and out via the fiddly SC app. All the while trying to hold a conversation about
the viability of a carbon tax how we’re going to play against belt Richmond.
For all those coaches looking for last minute advice, here are my golden tips:
- Avoid more than 3 premiums from the one team unless you’re only trying to win your league and those teams are Fremantle, Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney. So if you’ve got N Riewoldt and Goddard, don’t put Montagna in the middle – your scoring power is just going to suffer too much when the Saints have their byes.
- Avoid playing more than one premium on the one line – I wouldn’t be pairing Swan and Pendles or Buddy and Cyril.
- Keep as few $ as possible on your benches – benches are the domains of rookies only.
- Make sure all your players are going to get a game in R1 (Gold Coast players aside).
- Don’t forget to name a captain, a vice captain and 3 emergencies.
- If you’re taking advantage of the captaincy loophole available in partial lockout rounds, name a Carlton or Richmond gun as your vice captain.
I don’t have the time to rate everybody’s teams tonight so please help me out by rating one or two teams while you’re posting your own. People will appreciate the help.
And if you get stuck, just have a read of this.
Cheers and Good Luck!!
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom