Right so who am I considering this week for Shaun Higgins. The decision rests on whether I choose to upgrade down back for Waite or if I upgrade the forward line. I may do both (Telis) but the fellas I like up front are:
- Lance Franklin ($469,600, 90.78) – the big fella is just warming up and its no coincidence that the Hawks have found their wings.
- Ryan O’Keefe ($486,800, 90.00) – had a poor start to the year but that makes him a steal. Has scored 100’s the last 3 weeks straight.
- Cyril Rioli (433,600, 88.33) – he’s getting a ton of it, has played in all 9 games and has scored 90 or more in 5 of them.
I know none of them are cheap cheap but they are relatively cheap. Franklin and O’Keefe have dropped $106k and $73k respectively.
The boys that haven’t made it into my consideration set are:
- Ryan Houlihan ($378,600, 85.83) – Traded him out of my backline last week where he’s done an admirable job but as Bob put it last Thursday night, he must have slept with Ratts’ wife to miss as many weeks as he has for no apparent reason. I’m only looking for a guy that is going to front for me week in, week out.
- Cameron Mooney ($454,300, 85.12) – same goes for Mooney.
- Russell Robertson ($304,600, 60.50) – putting aside the brain fade on the goal line last week after taking what I think was mark of the week over Camby Brown, this guy is well past his best. Hasn’t cracked 70 in 4 games this year.