My Top Five Rookie NAB Cup Forward (<$200k):
1) C Richardson (Fwd 110k) The Kanga’s don’t have much to look forward to this season, but the arrival of Richardson may be one of their few highlights this season. All reports have Richardson well placed with the Kangaroos come the start of the season and scores are not be sneezed at. Watch the round one teams, and assuming there are no surprises, be sure to get on Richo. NAB Cup SC scores 112, 72
2) D Prestia (Mid/Fwd 148k) Another DPP who will add flexibility to your team and has been ‘steady’ in his games so far without being a standout. Prestia was taken pick 9 in the National Draft from the Calder Cannons. He costs a bit more that a few other Rookies floating around and it depends on yours team particular balance, but Prestia is well worth a second look and assured opportunity. NAB Cup SC scores 65, 77, 65
3) I Smith (Mid/Fwd 103k) Smith is a late inclusion for Mzungu who has done a medial ligament. Smith was pick 19 in the national draft and Hawthorns first pick and came from VFL team North Ballarat. He is another mature are recruit at age 22, and has plenty of pace and the Hawks believe he is in their best 22.. NAB Cup SC scores 67, 19
4) B Matera (Fwd 110k) I believe nephew (?) of the great Matera who played in the West and is also highly rated and expected to get plenty of game time this season with the new franchise. NAB Cup SC scores 71, 47, 71
5) S McKernan (Def/Fwd 110k) Was a high draft pick a couple of years ago, and the big man (198cm) has been waiting in the wings for a while. He just broke into the team last season and was cut down with a shoulder/arm injury. Anyway, he’s up and running and with McLeod, Edwards, Burton and Goodwin retiring there should be plenty of room in the team for new blood. NAB Cup SC scores 153, 5
By the way: Krakouer missed out on Rookie status by $600!
Bloody Mzungu did his medial ligament on the weekend and I haven’t seen how long he will be out for…. Though a medial is usually 5-8 weeks, and then he needs to prove himself worthy of a spot (again). In either case, I’d written this pre-injury and thought I’d leave it in for reference.
T Mzungu (Mid/Fwd 110k) Mzungu doesn’t just have a tricky name, he can run through the midfield and collect possessions, he can go forward and kick a goal and unfortunately he can do a tagging role. It’s too early to see how Harvey wants to use him but for a DPP that’s $110k…. he’s worth a punt, and will give you flexibility with your forward line. NAB Cup SC scores 151, 44
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom