My Top Five Rookies (<$200k) of the week:
1) D Ellard (Fwd 168k) … Hello Left-field! I had this guy up two weeks ago thinking he was a standard run-of-the-mill second stringer who might get a couple of games, and then out again. Well this week he stepped up with a monstrous 119 and surprised me for one. He seemed to move well, read the ball well, and more importantly used the ball well. I’m hoping he’s not another Mitch Robinson one-game-wonder and holds it together….. anyway if your after a cash-in forward he may be your man.
2) K Hardingham (Mid 160k) This guy really does look like he can play, and whilst scoring 72 on the weekend, It should have been 122. He missed about 5 easy shots on goal, and took an absolute screamer. The misses were even more disappointing, because he is actually a good kick. Either way, I see this fella having plenty of potential to score well in the last few rounds, and I’d go as far to say, unlikely to be dropped.
3) R Hicks (Fwd/Mid 113k) just played his second game racked up 66 and seems to be improving. He’s pretty cheap, and you can’t put a price on a DPP at this time of the year. I’m not sure about his job stability, but wait till teams on Thurs night and he could be a handy bench option with flexibility… (also reminds of Chick Hicks on the kids movie Cars)
4) K Stevens (Mid 94k) Lets talk cheap! He stepped up for his second game and did well with a 70. This was his second game after 5-6 game spell since his first run, so if you need that extra bit of cash he may be a popular choice this week.
5) M Davies (Def 94k) Still on the topic of cheap for SC finals cash-ins… This guy has made my top five for two reasons…. (1) He’s a very cheap Defender, and there aren’t many around…. (2) I traded him in last week unsight/unseen because I was desperate for a cheap back-man to cash in Silvangi, and upgrade Dangerfield to Montagna. I watched the game intently hoping he was the next Chris Judd and would score 150+ in his first 4 matches. However, I think I blinked twice and never saw him once… I did hear his name mentioned by a commentator once, and he scored 28. Lucky for me Roberton was my defensive Emerg and came in to score 95 in place of Waters.
|R19 SC||SC Average||Player||Pos||Price||Team|
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom