My Top Five Rookies (<$200k) of the week:
1) D Gourdis (Fwd 100k) Plays in a terrible team (yes, lots of heart, and we all like them while they’re shite), and I have a theory that he will benefit from the fact the other team plays 7 blokes on Riewolt knowing that if they can stop him, the Tiges will lose. Anyway, despite another loss to the Tigger’s Gourdis racked up 87 SC points in his first game making me think there is some merit to my theory, dirt cheap too.
2) L Shuey (Mid 194k) Where have you been all season? Answer: on my bench! Anyway, grudge’s aside, Shuey returned after a VERY long spell comprising of a knee injury followed by Glandular fever in glorious style and top scored amongst the rookies with 110. I’d suggest it’s unlikely you would trade him in at this time of the season at that price, as you should either be getting 83k players or 600k players…. But if you have an unusual circumstance with one trade left and can only get a mid range rookie, then Shuey is your man.
3) R Hicks (Fwd/Mid 140k) has played his three games and had a stinker this week with 23, but as a valuable DPP I’d still strongly consider grabbing this guy in my final upgrade and a handy swappable player…. More for his DPP flexibility (not as your star bench player).
4) L Jones (Fwd 132k) I don’t know why, I just like the way this fella goes about it. So long as he doesn’t get the Bubonic Plague like the rest of the doggies, he looks like a goer. Scoring appox 50’s each week.
5) S Crameri (Def 83k) He’s like your sister, ‘cos he’s cheap! This guy is purely on the list as cheap and dirty upgrade and is likely to hang around for the last couple of games as the bombers will/should be playing the kids. He scored a solid 59, and I know Menzel out-scored him by 1, and Laidler pulled in 82, but both of those will be dropped like hot potatoes when Ling, Corey, Taylor etc.. return for the Cats.
Special Mention: M Davies just played his second game and scored 51, he’s only 94k and a handy defender cash-in (I have him).
|R20 SC||SC Average||Player||Pos||Price||Team|
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom