My Top Five Rookies of the week:
1) R Bastinac (Mid $178k) has been consistent and had a break-out week and started to show why he is so highly rated.
2) C Pieterson (Fwd $182k) has been the best rookie forward by a country mile thus far. Through keep your eye on T Rockliff who played his first game this week and scored a 142 in the NAB Cup.
3) B Waters (Def $227k) missed over a season for football, and has clearly been the best rookie defender and has returned this season with a vengeance. The reason he missed was an elbow injury, not a knee, so injury reoccurrence risk is low.
4) M Barlow (Mid $231k) has clearly been the best rookie so far this season, but had a bad week and coped a heavy knock early in the game… but should be right to go this week. Jumped $118k in one week.
5) D Martin (Mid $224k) I think has been rock solid, and will play every week if he doesn’t get injured. He was playing senior footy for two years before going No. 3 in the national draft.
Well it’s taken some negociating, but after seasons of begging Motts has finally convinved me to join the dark side and join the Supercoach Talk team. Motts convinced me to come across because he said this site had a massive fan base of hot chicks, and he insists this site will be bigger than Google itself…. And I joined the team anyway!
Well, if you hadn’t read my previous blog, it was basically a stats fact-based blog to save you sifting through all the crap to figure out who the best rookies are to look for during the season.
After Round 3, it’s now a crucial time to ensure you have the right rookies on each line-up….. by the way, I define a rookie as someone under $200k, but for this week, I’ve included a handful that jumped up over the $200k mark this week.
Watch out: Podsiadly played a great game, took contested marks and kicked a couple of goals, but I don’t think the Cats can keep Hawkins and Mooney (back from suspension) in the same team…. Don’t rush out and buy him. Also, if you didn’t already know, Daniel Connors of Richmond was suspended for 8 weeks by his club for getting pissed in Sydney, so think about trading him if you need to cash-up.
Here’s the rookie data, make up your own mind…….
|R3 SC||SC Average||Player/position(s)||Price||Team|
|53||114||M Barlow Mid||231k||FREO|
|102||102||J Podsiadly Fwd||83k||GEEL|
|91||91||C Schmidt Def||100k||ADEL|
|94||89||B Waters Def||227k||WCE|
|94||83||C Pieterson Fwd||182k||HAW|
|75||83||M Maguire Def||192k||BRIS|
|63||83||R Bail Mid||109k||MELB|
|106||82||R Bastinac Mid||178k||NM|
|82||82||W Schofield Def||168k||WCE|
|65||81||A Silvangi Def||167k||FREO|
|71||79||D Connors Mid||$233k||RICH|
|78||78||T Rockliff Fwd||$109k||BRIS|
|74||76||D Martin Mid||224k||RICH|
|56||73||B Moles Mid||89k||WBD|
|72||72||K Lucas Mid||124k||CARL|
|DNP||72||B Howlett Mid||83k||ESS|
|96||64||T Banfield Mid||156k||BRIS|
|79||64||J Trengove Mid||212k||MELB|
|62||62||J Melksham Mid||134k||ESS|
|75||61||M Duncan Fwd/Mid||149k||GEEL|
|49||58||L Shuey Mid||149k||WCE|
|DNP||56||B Ried Fwd||177k||COLL|
|44||55||M Banner Mid||145k||PORT|
|47||54||C Hitchcock Fwd||146k||PORT|
|DNP||54||J Kayler-Thompson Mid||83k||HAW|
|46||52||B Nasson Def||136k||RICH|
|51||51||B Stratton Def||94k||HAW|
|51||50||S Gumbeleton Fwd||139k||ESS|
|28||48||L Jetta Mid||146k||SYD|
|43||43||D Simpson Ruck||100k||GEEL|
|49||42||R Warnock Ruck||153k||CARL|
|DNP||42||A Moore Def/Fwd||139k||PORT|
|DNP||42||J Stellar Ruck||179k||ADEL|
|26||36||T Scully Mid||179k||MELB|
|DNP||36||J Strauss Mid||100k||MELB|
|55||34||J Trengove Def/Ruck||118k||PORT|
|DNP||18||T Armstrong Mid||100k||ADEL|
|DNP||8||W Young Def||100k||ADEL|
|DNP||7||S Motlop Fwd||100k||GEEL|
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom