(Written & Created By Roo Bloke)
SCT PREMIER LEAGUES UPDATE
New this season these two leagues are for the crème de la crème of the SCT community with spots allocated based on excellence in the overall rankings and the major SCT competitions and leagues. ICYMI earlier in the season, the intention is that these leagues will run into perpetuity with promotion and relegation (full details at the end).
A reminder that there is prizemoney up for grabs, kindly donated by allsaints. The Premier League 1 GF winner gets $75 and the Premier League 2 GF winner gets $25. Both GF winners also get a spot in the Hall of Fame.
PREMIER LEAGUE 1
In Premier League 1 Yiorgakis (Phat Side) has almost locked up a top 4 spot already with Griggsy and Hutta (Mumma’s Bois) also looking likely top 4 finishers. There’s then a real log jam of positions with 4th through 9th all on virtually the same percentage and within one win of each other. RickJames is in the drop zone a win behind and trailing on percentage. The upcoming byes will be telling and a favourable draw could really see teams rocket up into top four contention.
PREMIER LEAGUE 2
Macca may be coaching a damn fine SC team but his screenshot work needs to improve with the blurry image below the best he sent me. It looks like he’s taken the pic from a white van with tinted windows, through binoculars, through a gap in a curtain peering over Bearded Burbler’s right shoulder while he tinkered on his SC team. But I digress. Macca’s got a one game lead from a massive pack vying for top four and the double chance. The Minor Premier is one of our two team to earn promotion to Premier League 1 in 2020 so it’s important that teams push hard to snare top spot. The bottom three is interesting as the 9th and 10th finisher will be relegated from these leagues with 8th heading into a must win elimination final. With three teams seemingly locked in a dogfight for 8th spot and a chance to stay in the league next year it’s getting tense for these teams down near the bottom.
PROMOTION AND RELEGATION
* 9th and 10th in Premier League 1 will be relegated to Premier League 2 in 2020.
* The minor premier and the GF winner (or GF loser, if the minor premier wins the GF) from Premier League 2 will be promoted to Premier League 1 in 2020.
* 9th and 10th from Premier League 2 PLUS the lowest ranked loser in finals week one (6th, 7th or 8th) are out of the comp in 2020.
* The 2019 SCT Cup Winner, SCT Group Winner and LoEC1 Champion all earn a spot in the 2020 Premier League 2.
* In the event that someone already in Premier League 1 or 2 is the 2019 SCT Cup Winner, SCT Group Winner or LoEC1 Champion, less teams will be relegated out of Premier League 2.
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom