If there’s something I love from our Coaches, it’s their attention to detail 😉 Jeannot is the Coach of the FrenchyBombers. He asked if he could post his team on its own thread to get some feedback. I promised it’d be fine as long as he ‘wrote it up nice’. Well, he’s written it up nice……and I have a promise to keep 😉 So how ’bout we give Jeannot a hand getting his team in order before the next Lockout? – Schwarzwalder
My team structure: 3 + 4 + 2 + 4 with 2 mid pricedplayers on every line except from the Rucks. That’s 10 rookies and 6mid-pricers. The rest are my keepers, except from disaster or injury.
- Last year has shown us that the mid pricers arereally the game changers. Rookies used to be the supercoach secret but not anymore as EVERYONE gets the cash cows one time or another and the premium are the same comes year end. My ideal mid-pricer is between $250k- $400k, but I don’t mind going a little bit either way, especially lower…
- There is a reason I play supercoach. To have fun. To me, some players may score points here and there but they don’t excite me. There are few players that are the real ELITES players of the game and I don’t care but they come into my team. They are your Ablett, Rocky, Danger, Buddy,Fyfe , Pendles…etc. (Danger, reason later, Pendles, has burned me last year,once beaten twice shy.)
- Mid priced Players who have had an injury free pre-season and played well in JLT come into my team. They may fire early then fade off but by then I can trade them to better premiums.
- The rookies availability and job security have determined my team structure, so I will go with only two rookies forward (none in field).I will also keep some money in the bank to snatch two more rookies or mid-pricers comes round 3 with the best break even /job security.
- $400k + players come in my team as keepers ornot at all. I don’t believe they can earn enough cash to be premium/tradeworth. (Exception for Coniglio, he score 100+ he stays as my Oliver of lastyear).
- I can only have a Maximum of 4 injury prone players in my team: I take Ablett, Rocky, Conoglio, Sandilands. That gives me(11 rookies + 6 mid-pricers + 4 injuries + 2 adjust round 3) 22 trades sorted.
I hope I don’t succumb to panic buy….
No Dangerfield, no worries. He is just too expensive at$700k + . This is also the first time that he has injured his hammy in preseason. He could be rested forward for few games to ease him in, leading to aprice drop. Geelong doesn’t lack the back up in the middle either. But If he comes back firing straight away, he walks straight back into the team, no-brainer. That leaves Fyfe , Ablett and Gawn to share captains role depending on their fixtures.
- Laird S. Savage J.Lloyd
J.Weitering N.Coffield S. Murray
I go with form over reputation so Hibberd misses out. And also it is a point of difference with most teams. Also this year as Coffield is an expensive rookie, he takes the mid-pricer spot (Ahead of Naughton) with Weitering who I tip to really take it up one notch. The Carlton camp is raving about Cripps, Curnow and Kennedy but watching them play, my money is on Weitering. Supercoach-wise anyway.
Ablett, T.Rockliff, N. Fyfe, L. Neale
Coniglio, A. Brayshaw (FRE)
Dow, T.Kelly (Banfield, Fogarty, Holman)
Yes, Ablett and Rocky. When they are available, I pick them as they will come into my team one time or another. So this year I am going to manage my trades and not chase money and points. When they play, they will repay me generously. If they get injured, Danger comes back earlier.
My two mid pricers were initially Redden and Wells. However Coniglio had averaged 90+since 2015, has had a good pre season, a great JLT and he is a top 2 draft pick. If he stays fit, playing with a goodGWS midfield, he can keep the M5 spot. I am anticipating that J. Kelly will get attention this year, which means others will benefit. Brayshaw is more a rookie than a mid pricer but he has more job security (FURL jinx?) and just looked thepart in JLT and he has the R14 bye.
Gawn, A.Sandilands (T.English)
This year you have to start with the best. Sandilands had a good pre-season in ages and Freo has an early run of good fixtures. English is there for the Ruck dpp and captain loophole I have heard the bulldogs may play him, I will have to find another captain loophole after R1 teams are announced.
Franklin, J.Caddy, D. Smith
Cameron, M. Cox, M.Taberner
This year the lack of rookies up front has led me to go for value forwards. Buddy is a no-brainer. He may lose me money, score 150 one weekend then 60 the next but the truth is he will average 100 come seasons end. I don’t want to lose a trade on him and he is good as a mini league captain too 😊. Cameron is a gun and I prefer him to Billings and Greene. Taberner is my ideal mid pricer under $350k,and heaps of potential. ( I am ending up with 7 Freo players I know but I like their high pressure game that is going to blow some teams away and get good supercoach points. Also they have the R14 bye so I have the chance to read just my team before then)
Cox takes the second spot for his form and dual position. Caddy, Smith and Taberner are going to be my keepers for their value/price in the team structure , barring a disaster of form.
In the bank: $22k. Very little, so Danger better not stuffit up. Father Dougal has the expression “ undesiredleft over money”, That’s how I feel.
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom