Our thanks to SCT regular, Big Bad Bustling Barry Kraft for this match report from last night.
Power v Geelong – Friday, 4th March at AAMI Stadium
My handful that are worthy of consideration for super coachers.
1) Travis Boak (Midfield $471,300) – Clearly best on ground racking up 28 possies and will be cherry ripe come Round 1. Showed no signs of uninterupted pre-season, looks set for a big year.
2) Jackson Trengove (Defender/Ruck $255,800) – With Chaplin and Carlile taking the key forwards, young Jackson was able to gather 23 touches pulling in 8 marks to provide some spark of half back for Port.
3) Daniel Stewart (Forward $250,800). Most will be considering Vezpremi, Krakoeur & Petrie (when available) as cheap forwards, but do not discount this bloke. Showed some very good sides when relieving for Brogan and along with possibly Westhoff will be the ruck combination. Managed 15 touches including 3 goals.
4) Jarrod Irons (Midfield $91,700) ROOKIE – With Adelaide’s Callinan being injured, this opens up the opportunity to perhaps snaffle this bloke up as a bargain. They say big wraps on the kid, and the 2 games that I’ve seen, certainly hasn’t disappointed. Roamed between the wing & forward area and produced 22 possies kicking a goal as well. Mail says he’ll get upgraded because Lobbe is on the long term injury list and given a crack round 1. Looked right at home.
Jaspar Pittard (full game) and Cameron O’Shea (half game) both playing in defence did ok, but thought Jaspar played better in Rnd 1 of NAB cup. Not confident either will play Round 1.
Highlight – Seeing David Rodan back after second LARS surgery on knee to collect 19 touches. Not bad for first game back.
1) James Kelly (Midfield $482,200) – Captained the side on the night and clearly the Cat’s best racking up 24 touches.
2) Matthew Stokes (Forward $333,100) – Played alot of the match in the middle and had about 20 possies, but how much time he’ll spend in the middle, will depend on all the guns coming back in, is anyone’s guess but just keep in mind.
3) Taylor Hunt (Defender $264,800) – Thought Taylor went ok, gathered 20 touches and was one of the go to men when coming out of defence and spent some time in the middle as well.
4) Trent West (Ruck $243,300) – IMO went ok against Brogan. 8 or so touches and booted a goal and I guess when looking for a cheap ruck, considering Blake didn’t fill me with much confidence last night, might be a go.
Josh Cowan looks like a smaller version of Matthew Scarlett with the black moppy hair showed some signs, that he may get a game throughout the season and a possible bench pickup. Cat fan’s probably know more than me if rookie or already on senior list. Motlop was another interested to have a look at but sustained a foot injury and had little input.
Hope this info helps – might have bored some readers, but if it helps you out then good luck to you – BK
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom