Roo Bloke, goddamned legend that he is, once again handles our Brownlow Comp in 2017! Take it away, RB….
Affectionately known as the competition to determine the “Person Who Most Closely Thinks Like An Umpire”, the Brownlow Comp is back again for its sixth year. SIX!!!! It’s our sixth run at the SCT Brownlow Comp. You’d think after this long we’d have things figured but there’ll still be some poor reads on what the umpires see out there in the middle of it all. I eagerly await mocking all our poor decisions. For me, Zac Dawson’s due for a high polling season!!
2016 – Catta
2015 – Death Adder
2014 – Daniel
2013 – Death Adder
2012 – Stevo
There is no doubt who the King of this comp is. Death Adder has owned this comp. He didn’t enter the comp in 2012 but he’s gone 1st, 4th, 1st and 4th across the last four seasons. With that sequence we may as well pack it in, place his name in the honour roll again and look to the Ashes this summer.
THE LOW DOWN
* Pick the 2 players from each club that you think will poll the most votes on Brownlow night regardless of their eligibility. You will score the amount of votes that each of these choices get in the Brownlow.
* Previously I’ve asked you to name the two players that will finish 1 – 2 in the count but this year I’m branching out. We’ll call it the DangerDusty rule. This year I need you to name the top 5 vote getters in the count. As always, ineligible players count.
– You will get 50 bonus points if one of your selections is the highest vote getter
– You will get 40 bonus points if one of your selections is the 2nd highest vote getter
– You will get 30 bonus points if one of your selections is the 3rd highest vote getter
– You will get 20 bonus points if one of your selections is the 4th highest vote getter
– You will get 10 bonus points if one of your selections is the 5th highest vote getter
HOW TO FILL OUT YOUR ENTRY
* Copy and paste the template I’ve included into the comments section with your completed selections. If you want to make changes simply comment directly underneath your original post. Entries close at 7pm on Brownlow night.
* Excel is awesome but it can be a real pain. To make it easier for me, type the players surname and nothing else (NO NICKNAMES, NO TYPOS). Also, commas are fantastic when converting text to table/excel so please separate your selections with commas like I’ve done in the example I’ve provided. EG. Gee, Dangerfield, J Selwood
*At a club where there’s two players that are both potential vote getters with the same surname like the Crouch brothers or Selwood brothers please write their name as B Crouch or M Crouch.
Any issues, just drop me a question below.
Highest Vote Getter,
2nd Highest Vote Getter,
3rd Highest Vote Getter,
4th Highest Vote Getter,
5th Highest Vote Getter,
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom