I wasn’t sure how best to tackle the RR with the impending Bye rounds and feel people will do what they ‘need’ to do, rather than what they ‘want’ to do, so here goes:
Rookies on the radar (<$200k) this week:
1) T Menzel (Mid /Fwd $149k) Played 2, Mid/Fwd flexibility. Round 13 bye. A very highly rated junior taken at pick 12, but had LARS last year and given his brother is on his fourth knee reco… alarm bells are ringing. That said, if his body/knees hold together, he’ll be a superstar. Started as the Sub in his first game, hence the 12 points and scored 56 this week after being a late replacement for Juddy.
2) G Burbury (Fwd $115k) Played 2, Ave 57 Round 12 Bye. JS will be low after the GWS game I’d expect. George turns 21 in June, and looks like a work-in-progress to me.
3) K Martin (Mid $110k) Only played 1, Round 13 Bye. He was a star in the Pies win on weekend scoring 97 points. He’s a 22yo rookie who won the B&F for Frankston last year.
4) T Mitchell (Mid $115k) Only played 1, Round 12 Bye. Mitchell showed he has what it takes to play AFL level, and he certainly has the right build for AFL….. and smashed out scored 87 points. Mitchell was kept out the team last season with knee and foot injuries which he looks to be over….. and if you didn’t know, he’s the son of Swan’s star Barry Mitchell. Note: I can quote Mathew Lloyd from footy classifieds where he said “Mitchell wont leave the team now for 200 games barring injury”
5) D Gorringe (Ruck $149k) Played 2, Ave 58, Round 13 Bye. “What colour are his shoes?” Was the call every time he went near the ball in his first season, but now in his third season with bugger-all games due to injuries. Gorringe now has his chance to shine with Zac Smith out… Though likely competing with Tom Nicholls who made his debut on the weekend and also impressed.
6) N Hrovat (Mid $114k) Played 2, Ave 74 but has the Bye – Hold Fire.
7) S Gimley (Ruck $115k) Played 2, Ave 74 but has the Bye – Hold Fire.
Here is the rookie data:
|R10 SC||SC Average||Games||Player||Pos||Price||Team|
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom