My Top Five Rookie’s (<$200k) of the week:
1) J Murdoch (Fwd 106k) Murdoch has now banged out an 88 and 55 in his first two runs. He wasn’t nearly as impressive in his second run, and the fact the Cats need to fit Harry Taylor, Stevie J and Pods back into the team does put his position at risk. However, whilst he may get rested this week against the Pies in favor of bigger bodies, he is certainly the best value rookie that’s on the bubble this week. Keep in mind, Murdoch is all about speed, and with no Varcoe or Stringer I think he’ll be about the mark for the rest of the season. He had 15 disposals this week with 8 marks, but I would not say his disposals set the world on fire.
2) S Gibson (Mid $173k) 56, 9, 91 and 66. I grabbed Gibbo last week on the back of his impressive 99. He looks very solid now that he’s getting some game time. This the last week he’ll have any value with his 9 dropping off his three game average. So now or never if you are thinking about it. This week Gibbo had 14 disposals, 6 marks and 6 tackles.
3) T Jonas (Def 184k) Back to Back 59’s is a solid start for the for mid size defender. Jonas played the last 4 games of 2011, so not sure why he starts this season so cheap but he presents great value for someone looking for a rookie defender. Jonas has had 14 and 11 disposals in his first two games and certainly the best defensive option with Matty Primus surely looking to see if he really has what it takes.
4) T Derickx (Ruck $113k) Well I certainly wasn’t sold on Campbell’s JS, but now that Derickx has had a run, and the Tiges have put Vickery away for the season, the Tiges need a second tall and Derickx is likely to be the man. He was flying until half time on the weekend then came to a grinding halt. Either way, I will certainly be giving him some thought with my precious trades.
5) T McIntire (Mid/Fwd $94k) McIntyre was solid in his first up run with 6 disposals, 2 goals, and 5 tackles. McIntyre finished up with 55. The key points about McIntyre are that he is dirt-cheap at $94k, he has DPP capability, but what is his JS? …hard to tell. This was his first run, so let’s see how he rolls next week.
Here is the rookie data:
|R15 SC||SC Average||Games||Player||Pos||Price||Team|
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom