For those of us that are struggling (yep, me included!) early on, this week gives us a chance to further correct the mistakes from our starting line-ups. Did you miss the boat on a cash cow for some reason? Or couldn’t get a gun player in at their starting price? This might be the last time you see them at an affordable price for a few weeks. With Brad Crouch being ruled out for a further 2-3 weeks, many of us will have some tweaking to do. If a mid-pricer like that isn’t rising in value then they’re unfortunately becoming a liability. On the other side, there are a number of players that are becoming liabilities by NOT having them in your team. I’m talking about guys such as Hall, Parker, Dangerfield, Ablett & Goldstein (hasn’t dropped in price as some would’ve hoped). If you can afford to hold off trading this week, I’d urge you to save your trades for a rainy day. For the rest of you, the Most Traded IN players of this week are (SC Gold as of 12.4 at 8am):
1 – Aaron Hall (GCS, $488 100, FWD/MID)
+ Finished 2015 in good fashion, had a big NAB Challenge and is now averaging 129 from the first three games.
+ Another lazy 40 touches against Carlton. His 134 pts would’ve been larger if not for five clangers, but he was also on the ground for just 78% of the time.
+ Job security not an issue anymore, one would think.
+ Break Even of 29, with projected BEs of 46 & 73. This is the last time you can get Hall under $500k for some time.
– Even if O’Meara and Swallow ever come back, there looks to be a place for Hall in the midfield. Struggling to see any negatives here. Almost becoming a liability if you don’t have him in your side.
2 – Luke Parker (SYD, $577 900, MID)
+ Started the season on fire! Another 30 touches against GWS on the weekend. Disposal Efficiency at 70%, not great but better than the 50-65% he was coming up with last season.
+ Averaged 135 over the first three Rounds. BE of 95, projected BEs of 91 & 101. Might be your last chance to get him below $600k for some time.
+ Fairly favorable draw up until the byes, no reason why this form can’t continue.
– Has to share a lot of pts with JPK, Hanners & Tom Mitchell……..but doesn’t seem to be an issue right now (I’m reaching here).
– Might attract a tag? But who really tags these days apart from Ben Jacobs?
3 – Marcus Adams (WBD, $226 000, DEF/FWD)
+ Firmly entrenched in the Dogs Back6, looks like he belongs at the top level.
+ 82, 135 & 97 from his first three games, possibly the most lucrative cash cow of the season.
+ BE of -99, projected BEs of -16 & 8. He’ll be over $400k within a matter of weeks.
+ Great effort against The Hawks on Sunday. 23 touches & 15 marks from 100% Time On Ground.
– Right at the minute, I can’t think of any negatives. If you haven’t already got him (what the hell happened?), GET HIM IN!
4 – Tom Ruggles (GEE, $102 400, DEF)
+ 17 touches (88% DE) & nine marks on debut for his 72 SC pts.
+ Spent 87% Time On Ground, not taken off too often, good sign!
+ Favorable draw for the Cats might help his cause (Next three: ESS, PTA & GCS in Geelong).
– Let’s be honest…….Brisbane are struggling at the moment with injury and form. Was a steady debut by Ruggles but we’ll know more when he plays against tougher opposition.
– The Josh Glenn Factor: Ruggles has only played the one game till now. If you brought him in this week and he (heaven forbid) got injured, you’d be stuck with a dirt-cheap rookie at D8 for the majority of the season. Be aware of the risk involved! Ideally you’d like to wait till he gets through his 2nd game AND is named for a 3rd appearance.
5 – Jacob Weitering (CARL, $289 100, DEF)
+ What can I say that hasn’t already been said? Mature beyond his years, he was Carlton’s highest scorer against the Suns in just his 3rd game. 94 avg after first three Rounds.
+ 26 touches (80%DE) and nine marks for his 129 pts. The kid is very composed.
+ BE of -27, projected BEs of -22 & 42. Another rookie DEF that will soon be over $400k (barring injury). Could also be a keeper up until the byes.
– Help me out? 😉 If there are negatives about this kid, I haven’t spotted them……..
Nos. 6-10: Todd Goldstein (NTH), Michael Hartley (ESS), Gary Ablett (GCS), Bachar Houli (RICH), Patrick Dangerfield (GEE).
Most Traded OUT players: Trent McKenzie (GCS), Tom Rockliff (BRL), Daniel Rich (BRL), Brad Crouch (ADE), Robert Murphy (WBD), Matthew Lobbe (PTA), Callum Mills (SYD), Toby Greene (GWS), Sam Gray (PTA), Ryan Crowley (ESS).
Be sure to check out the SCT Leagues Update later today to see how we’re faring in the overall competition. MJ’s Fallen Premiums will be up in the morning and Father Dougal finally has more data to calculate with his Cow Talk on Wednesday afternoon.
Are you trading this week? Are you going with the Flavour Of The Week or have you got something else in mind? Let us know in the poll and comments below……….
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom