Venue: Adelaide Oval, Saturday, April 23, 7.15pm ACST (7.45pm AEST)
Last 5 times:
R118, 2015, Geelong 14.8 (92) d Port Adelaide 11.3 (69) at Adelaide Oval
R6, 2014, Port Adelaide 16.11 (107) d Geelong 9.13 (67) at Adelaide Oval
SF, 2013, Geelong 13.18 (96) d Port Adelaide 12.8 (80) at the MCG
R20, 2013, Geelong 20.9 (129) d Port Adelaide 16.8 (104) at Simmonds Stadium
R9, 2013, Geelong 18.8 (116) d Port Adelaide 9.14 (68) at AAMI Stadium
Best SC Scorers from last game:
- Power: Wingard 138, Ebert 128, Broadbent 108, Hombsch 103, Westhoff 98
- Cats: Enright 142, Stanley 135, Blicavs 132, Guthrie 123, Caddy 121, Murdoch 98
- In: O’Shea, Stewart
- Out: Ah Chee (Omitted), Polec (Omitted)
- In: Enright, Kersten, McCarthy
- Out: Murdoch (Omitted), Henderson (Managed), Lang (Omitted)
Game Notes: There’s so much at stake for Port Adelaide here. In front of the home crowd, they simply have to put in a good showing. Boak, Gray and Wines will be extremely important in the midfield combating the likes of Dangerfield and Selwood. This one promises to be a cracker.
The 6 Points
1. The Cats have dominated the Power over a long period of time, winning 11 of the last 12, and with 10 consecutive wins from 2007-13 including the 2007 Grand Final.
2. The teams have played twice at Adelaide Oval for one win each, while the Cats have also defeated the Crows at the venue.
3. Port Adelaide and Geelong will meet for the 30th time and the Cats hold a clear advantage, winning 19 games to nine with one draw.
4. Geelong defeated Port Adelaide the last time they met, winning by 23 points in round 11, 2015 at Adelaide Oval. Corey Enright was best on ground with 29 disposals.
5. Did you know Geelong has played eight times in their history on a Saturday night in Adelaide for only two wins? This will be the Cats’ first Saturday night game in Adelaide since 2009.
6. Superstar Patrick Dangerfield makes his return to Adelaide Oval this weekend, having crossed to Geelong from the Crows late last year.
MJ’s tip: Geelong by 12
While we do our best to update posts with end of quarter scores, we aren’t always online so if you have access to the scores and see they haven’t gone into the Comments section of this post, the Community would love it if you could help us out.
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom