Hi SCT Community! Bye planning is extremely important in doing well in this beast called SC. Good team management will allow you to make up ground, or fall away, if you manage your numbers badly! Consider those players you have now and those you want to bring in carefully. Consider “when” you bring your guns in. It’s a delicate balance of points now and less points on some bye rounds … so choose carefully!
That said, please find enclosed an updated bye planner after the first seven (7) rounds.
Two versions of the planner supplied, where you can choose your “Gun Qualifier” based on Price (eg to be counted as a Gun defender, your value is over $450K) or on Average (defender = 90+) and so on … its up to you which one you choose!!”
Qualifiers currently set to:
Def = $450,000 or 90+
Mid = $520,000 or 105+
Ruc = $480,000 or 95+
Fwd = $450,000 or 90+
Let us know if you are happy with these qualifiers, and maybe Schwarzy could run some polls?? If there are significant variations, I can alter the planners to the different amounts.
Make sure you nominate any players in your squad that you do not believe will play in the byes, to get a more accurate total of available numbers (think Olango!). – SEE COLUMN G ON THE “PLANNER TAB”
The price / budget calculator shown in Cells H46 to H49 of the PLANNER TAB will let you know if you can afford any player changes for trades going into week eight only.
HINT – use the planner to make all your team changes BEFORE playing on the actual SC site!! Saves inadvertent locking in your changes when not ready!!
The bye planner though will continue to work each week showing how many players you have available over each of the bye rounds.
- The key tab
- Choose now whether each of your players are likely to play or are just an emergency loophole (think Olango) in COLUMN G – this will update the real numbers you have available each week
- Shows 2018 starting data and data as of round 7 with updated prices, average, 3 round average and BE’s.
- Simply choose the players you want in each position in each of the cells in Column B (choose from the drop down menu in each cell by alpha order on surname)
- Make sure you check your possible players (Columns O to S & rows 12, 25,30 & 40) and “Guns” (rows 13, 26, 31 & 41) for each of the bye rounds
- Check total possible numbers in rows 42 and 43 and watch for the cells colour change depending on numbers!
PLAYER DATA TAB
- This is a key tab with the data of all players. Filters are included on each column to allow you to search on each state category like position or club or games played (eg 2 played on the bubble) and so on,
- BE’s as of round 7 are included for that all-important trade decision and negative BE’s are shown in red (you really want these … you know you do!!)
- Total points scored and games played are also included
DON’T DELETE OR ALTER ANY OF THE DATA ON ANY OF THE TABS AS IT IS USED TO MAKE THE WHOLE FILE WORK!!
For ROUND 8 only (this week) – (cash calculator on PLANNER TAB)
- You should begin by loading your current team at the end of round 7, before any trades, in Column B of PLANNER TAB
- in cell H46 enter your CURRENT team value (should be same as value showing in cell H44)
- in cell H47 enter your available cash in the bank
- Go Back and make your planned trades of players in COLUMN B
- Check cell H49 to determine if you have sufficient cash to make those trades – POP UP MESSAGES WILL APPEAR AND THE CELL IN F49 WILL CHANGE COLOUR IF GOOD OR BAD
Happy Bye Planning all and good luck over the coming rounds!!
**Thanks again for putting in the work on this, Macca! – Schwarzwalder**
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom