Before we move into the offseason and people drift away, I wanted to say a big thank you to all the people who visited us in 2015. Once again we went from strength to strength in terms of visits and comments from the community – I like to call us a family 🙂 – with some of the highlights being:
- Thommo‘s magnificent work – he previewed nearly every team in the preseason and for the majority of the SC H&A season has been writing 9 interesting Game Chat posts each and every week. He doesn’t get paid by us, he does it because he wants to give something back. He’s a bloody legend.
- Schwarzwalder‘s Flavour of The Week posts – these quickly became one of the most popular posts on the site and again came about because he wanted to reciprocate the love. Great analysis, well written and always pumping up members of the family. Can’t wait to roll them out again next year.
- Father Dougal – with a keen eye for statistics, Father began the year offering to administer the SCT Dead Team League and finished it with his weekly Cow Talk offering advice on when to cull your rookies. Again, a post that became one of our most popular and another one we’ll definitely continue on with.
- sodes, Andy B and nickoless – we’ve had representatives in the Top 20 before but to have three site regulars in the Top 15 is something even we couldn’t have imagined. sodes deserves a special mention for winning $3k when he took out Round 19. Fantastic work, boys and everyone on the site wishes all three of you the best in climbing the mountain to get to Number One overall.
- Chips – remember when I stuffed around with the back end of the site early in the year and lost our thumbs functionality? For 2 weeks we suffered through not being able to vote on stuff or hide stupid comments. It was hell. Chips quietly did a huge amount of work to get our thumbs functionality back. I wanted to publicly name him and his business but he didn’t want public recognition – he did it because he wanted to help us out. You’re a champion, Chips.
- Hawker – he arranged for Blundstone to generously provide boots to the winners of our LoEC and SCTTL leagues last year and he’s doing it again in 2015. I wear a pair and they are seriously the most comfortable set of wheels I roll with. People aren’t just playing for pride anymore. They’re doing it for their feet.
- Roo Bloke – every year he administers our Brownlow competition with his immense ability with Excel and an abacus.
- Brods – always first in line to review the Lions or provide a You’re The Boss post for Brisbane. His passion for his boys knows no bounds.
- PA, Andy B and The Fanatic – all three blokes have helped us out tremendously during the year with Twitter. Whether its by sending us the late outs and subs, articles of interest or in one round taking over the SCT Twitter account (thanks again PA!), they’ve improved the service we provide to our 10,000 Twitter followers and for that we thank them.
- Chonks – for almost every game this year, Chonks has been updating our Game Chat posts with quarter-by-quarter SC scores. He doesn’t want anything for it. Like so many others on the site, he does it because he loves the community and wants to give something back. Chonks, you rock.
- Gibbo – for being first on the site with the teams when they’ve been announced for 99% of the year. Fastest fingers in the western world.
- MJ getting published in the Herald Sun – an immensely proud moment for us as we finally were getting recognition for our on-the-money analysis. He didn’t go too badly either, predicting that Sidebottom, Parker, Treloar, and Heppell would all have terrific years. OK so Prestia, D Swallow and Greene were in there too but hey, they fit the profile.
- Deano cleaning up in the Punters Club – we’ve had big winners in the past (Bob and Andy B immediately come to mind) but never before have we seen the type of performance produced by Deano in late March/April. With his love of roughies and a keen eye for the types of races they would win in, Deano returned close to $750 for us. Absolutely superb.
I’ve probably missed people and for that I apologise in advance. If you’ve got any nominations for people who deserve a shout out please add them to Comments.
We’ll be continuing in the offseason with the fantasy EPL and Big Bash, there’ll be our annual Brownlow picking competition (thanks again RB!), and we’ll have draft news as it happens so keep dropping past the site from time to time to check in. Again, from all of us here at SCT I want to thank you for being part of it in 2015 and we can’t wait to do it again next year!
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom