Venue: Etihad Stadium, Saturday, April 30, 13:45 AEST
Last 5 times:
R17, 2015, St Kilda 12.11 (83) d Melbourne 6.10 (46) at the MCG
R11, 2015, St Kilda 12.13 (85) d Melbourne 12.13 (85) at Etihad Stadium
R1, 2014, St Kilda 10.8 (68) d Melbourne 6.15 (51) at Etihad Stadium
R13, 2013, St Kilda 16.8 (104) d Melbourne 10.9 (69) at the MCG
R20, 2012, St Kilda 16.11 (107) d Melbourne 12.10 (82) at the MCG
Best SC Scorers from last game:
- Dees: Viney 133, Cross 111, Howe 108, Vince 103
- Saints: Roberton 144, N-Roo 135, Gilbert 116, Dempster 107, Savage 102
- In: Petracca (finally!)
- Out: Brayshaw
- In: Jade Gresham, Tim Membrey, Blake Acres
- Out: Tom Lee (Omitted), Paddy McCartin (Managed), Jack Lonie (Omitted)
Game Notes: Melbourne has not won three consecutive games since rounds 17-19, 2010. It has a real chance to end that streak this Saturday against the Saints, who have lost their past two matches. St Kilda had “too many passengers” in the words of coach Alan Richardson against the Giants and will be eager to make a statement against the Demons. St Kilda will be keenly aware of disrupting the connection between ruckman Max Gawn and in-form midfielder Jack Viney. That’s why Tom Hickey’s role in the ruck will be so crucial, while David Armitage and Jack Steven will be relied upon to do the heavy lifting.
The 6 Points
1.St Kilda has racked up plenty of disposals in 2016, ranking third in the AFL with an average of 402 per game. The Demons are seventh (378.6 per game).
2. St Kilda has dominated Melbourne over a long period, winning a club-record 12 consecutive contests since 2007. A two-point loss in 2015 is the closest the Demons have been in that time.
3. Melbourne continues to improve its scoring in 2016. After five games its average points per game is 101 compared to only 71 in 2015.4.
4. If the Demons beat the Saints, it will be the first time since 2005 the club will have started the season with four wins and two losses.
5. Melbourne and St Kilda have played nine times at Etihad Stadium, with six wins to the Saints. The Demons won their last Etihad game at the end of 2015, defeating the Giants, after losing their previous 22 games at the venue.
6. Melbourne ruckman Max Gawn is on the charge in overall SC points. Currently 5th behind such names as Goldstein, Parker, Dangerfield and, um, Waite.
Mottsy’s tip: Dees by 15
While we do our best to update posts with end of quarter scores, we aren’t always online so if you have access to the scores and see they haven’t gone into the Comments section of this post, the Community would love it if you could help us out.
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom