Venue: Etihad Stadium, Sunday 8th May at 3:20pm AEST
Last 5 times:
R20, 2015, North Melbourne 18.12 (120) d St Kilda 11.17 (83) at Blundstone Arena
R17, 2014, North Melbourne 13.14 (92) d St Kilda 3.15 (33) at Blundstone Arena
R10, 2013, North Melbourne 19.19 (133) d St Kilda 10.5 (65) at Etihad Stadium
R14, 2012, North Melbourne 21.10 (136) d St Kilda 15.13 (103) at Etihad Stadium
R23, 2011, St Kilda 19.21 (135) d North Melbourne 10.10 (70) at Etihad Stadium
Top SC Scorers from last match:
- St Kilda: Armitage 143, Newnes 118, Montagna 103
- North Melbourne: Petrie 141, Goldstein 122, Harvey 121
- In/Out: No Change!
- In: Nahas, Wood
- Out: Turner (Hamstring), Thomas (Susp.)
Game notes: St Kilda killed Melbourne with their fast-break football last week but doing the same to the all-conquering Kangaroos will be a far tougher task. North comfortably shut down the run of the Doggies last week so they’re more than capable of doing the same to the Saints today.
While the Saints are always a chance of upsetting any sides that don’t bring their A-game, there’s little chance of the Roos having a bad day while celebrating Drew Petrie’s 300th game. North have won their last 4 against the Saints and odds are they’ll continue that trend today.
Roos fans, get ready for 7-straight.
The 6 Points
1. When these teams last played, the Saints led at half-time by 20 points before the Kangaroos kicked nine goals in the third quarter. Drew Petrie booted four goals and Andrew Swallow had 25 disposals.
2. St Kilda has been one of the strongest centre clearance sides in 2016, ranked third. North Melbourne is only marginally behind in equal fourth place.
3. It will be the 154th time these clubs play. The Saints hold a very narrow advantage, winning 76 games to 75, with two draws.
4. The Kangaroos are ranked second for points per game, with 112. They have kicked at least 100 points in five of their six matches.
5. Another win and it will be the first time since 1979 the Kangaroos have won their first seven games of a season.
6. St Kilda skipper Nick Riewoldt struggled last time out against North Melbourne. He was the Saints’ 18th-ranked player, with only 5.1 Schick AFL Player Rating points.
Thommo’s Tip: North Melbourne by 36 points.
While we do our best to update posts with end of quarter scores, we aren’t always online so if you have access to the scores and see they haven’t gone into the Comments section of this post, the Community would love it if you could help us out.
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom