Venue: Etihad Stadium, Saturday, April 23, 7.25pm AEST
Last 5 times:
R23, 2015, Brisbane Lions 19.16 (130) d Western Bulldogs 19.8 (122) at the Gabba
R12, 2015, Western Bulldogs 22.14 (146) d Brisbane Lions 11.8 (74) at Etihad Stadium
R12, 2014, Brisbane Lions 14.11 (95) d Western Bulldogs 13.9 (87) at Etihad Stadium
R22, 2013, Brisbane Lions 15.10 (100) d Western Bulldogs 13.15 (93) at the Gabba
R1, 2013, Western Bulldogs 19.13 (127) d Brisbane Lions 7.17 (59) at Etihad Stadium
Best SC Scorers from last game:
- Dogs: Bont 147, Wood 109, Dahl 97
- Lions: Stef 159, Rock 152, Hanley 146, Adcock 143, Robinson 125, Taylor 125, Green 102, Zork 95, Rich 95
- In: Wood, Dickson, Dale, Campbell
- Out: Johannisen (Hamstring), Hamling (Omitted), T.Boyd (Shoulder), McLean (Rested)
- In: Rockliff
- Out: Mayes (Omitted)
Game Notes: The Dogs have been rocked with injuries to several key players, with Jason Johannisen and Tom Boyd joining Bob Murphy in the recovery room. The Lions were very impressive against the Suns, but face a tough trip here to Etihad Stadium. Rockliff makes his way back into the lineup, which will please all those who held on to him. Put your hand up if you did?
The 6 Points
1. When these teams last met the Bulldogs kicked eight goals to two in the first quarter, the Lions then kicked 12 goals to five in the next two quarters; the Dogs finished with six goals to five in the final quarter. Pearce Handley was best on ground with 35 disposals and two goals.
2. No teams kicked the ball more than the Western Bulldogs averaging 233.8 per game while Brisbane is ranked last for kicks per game with only 174 per game.
3. Brisbane has had the better of the Western Bulldogs recently winning five of the last seven contests; four of the last seven games have been decided by more than 50 points.
4. These teams are also first and last for average disposals per game; the Bulldogs top the competition with 456 per game while the Lions are last with 329.5 per game.
5. Not much separates the sides at Etihad Stadium; 11 contests with six wins to five in the Bulldogs favour, it is two wins each since 2012.
6. This will be a contest between the two most popular teams with the umpires, the Lions are ranked first for most free kicks for while the Bulldogs are second.
MJ’s tip: Western Bulldogs by 40
While we do our best to update posts with end of quarter scores, we aren’t always online so if you have access to the scores and see they haven’t gone into the Comments section of this post, the Community would love it if you could help us out.
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom