Another Bye round….. here goes:
Rookies on the radar (<$200k) this week:
1) T Nicholls (Ruck $115k) Ablett, Swan, Selwood and Nicholls…. WTF? Nicholls was the 5th highest scorer for the round with the usual suspects first and second and Selwood’s 137 actually 2 points behind. Nicholls has now played 2 this season (and one in 2011). With Zac Smith down and the Suns picking him ahead of Gorringe, the future looks bright for Nicholls especially after the weekends big win. He has the Round 13 bye. I brought him in for Burger last week out of necessity when Bliz was rested, and honestly could not have been happier as I was hoping for a solid 70 and then he scored an obscene 139. He was very solid against the Cats with 11 disposals and 7 tackles scoring 90 points and went bananas against North having 16 disposals and 10 tackles scoring 139 points. Huge Pay Rise coming his way!
2) K Martin (Mid $110k) Martin has been exceptional for the Pies since coming in as a 22yo rookie. Martin’s round 13 Bye and the fact that he’s just played his second is his only negative. His first run brought home 97 points and he backed it up with another 80 points this week.
3) T Mitchell (Mid $115k) Woooweee! I can tell right here, right now, Mitchell will have the number one billing next week after he sees out his round 12 Bye. He has been unbelievable with 18 disposals 6 marks, 1 goal and 6 tackles scoring 87 points first up, and this week wound-up had a massive swing and smashed it out of the park with 31 touches, 5 marks, 1 goal and 10 tackles scoring 126 points…. Forget who you have in your midfield, if you haven’t got him, then GET HIM for round 13 (I certainly will)
4) N Hrovat (Mid $114k) Hrovat is now past the Bye hurdle and has played 2, with and ave 74. A very likely prospect. If it wasn’t for Mitchell and Martin, I’d be pumping up his tyres like no tomorrow.
5) S Gimley (Ruck $115k) Grimley is also past the Bye hurdle and has also played 2, with and ave 74. I did like the look of Grimely as a Ruck downgrade option until Nichols hit the scene, and he has far better JS prospects.
6) J Daniher (Fwd $154k) Another son of a gun to take center stage. There’s no doubting the kid is gona be good, just a matter of how long it takes to become a superstar. A few might criticise his game because of the hype, but for any big forward in their first game I thought it was reasonably solid as he was never gona be BOG, and if he had of nailed a couple of those shots he would have been better received. He scored 55 and has the Round 13 Bye. JS is iffy with Hurley, Gumby, Bellchambers, Crameri, Ryder and maybe even Hille (ok maybe not Hille) competing for spots.
Here is the rookie data:
|R11 SC||SC Average||Games||Player||Pos||Price||Team|
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom