Venue: Simonds Stadium, Saturday, April 30, 7.25pm AEST
Last 5 times:
R3, 2015, Geelong 16.9 (105) d Gold Coast 13.18 (96) at Simonds Stadium
R14, 2014, Gold Coast 17.16 (118) d Geelong 11.12 (78) at Metricon Stadium
R10, 2013, Geelong 18.15 (123) d Gold Coast 10.11 (71) at Simonds Stadium
R15, 2012, Geelong 15.20 (110) d Gold Coast 13.18 (96) at Metricon Stadium
R20, 2011, Geelong 29.14 (188) d Gold Coast 6.2 (38) at Simonds Stadium
Best SC Scorers from last game:
- Cats: Selwood 154, Blicavs 124, Motlop 98, Duncan 98
- Suns: Prestia 125, Martin 117, Smith 107
- In: Henderson, Bews
- Out: Gregson (Omitted), Ruggles (Managed)
- In: Schade, Davis, Prestia, Wills
- Out: Saad (Hip), Russell (Omitted), Rischetelli (Shoulder), Ah Chee (Omitted)
Game Notes: Tom Lynch has been kicking goals like no other this year, with 22 to his name after just five weeks. The Suns will need him to be in form again to have a sniff here. Joel Selwood, Patrick Dangerfield and Gary Ablett in one centre bounce together will be something to savour.
The 6 Points
1. Joel Selwood was the difference when the sides last met, finishing with 38 disposals, 12 clearances, six tackles and six inside 50s.
2. It will be a battle of the top two teams for marks inside 50 so far in 2016. The Cats are No.1 with 15.8 per game, while the Suns are next with 15.
3. Geelong has won five of the six contests between the sides. The nine-point margin in round three last season was the closest so far.
4. The Cats have won six of nine games at Simonds Stadium since the start of 2015, including their last five matches.
5. The game will feature two of the top three contested marking players, led by Tom Lynch with a total of 18 and Tom Hawkins, equal-second with 14.
6. Forward Peter Wright scored 147 SuperCoach points in his first outing this season. Priced at just $187K as a FWD/RUC swingman, he’s certainly one to keep an eye on.
MJ’s tip: Cats by 25
While we do our best to update posts with end of quarter scores, we aren’t always online so if you have access to the scores and see they haven’t gone into the Comments section of this post, the Community would love it if you could help us out.
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom