Hawthorn (14.8.92) defeated Geelong (11.14.80)
1. Joel Selwood (149). Vintage stuff from the Cats skipper who was hard at the contest all day in some wet conditions. Had 26 disposals (17 contested), 10 tackles, 7 clearances and a great 88% DE.
2. Tom Mitchell (142). Had a massive second half to really tempt some coaches to bring him in, recording 33 disposals (21 contested), 1 goal and solid 75% DE
3. Tom Stewart (129). Played loose and played it to perfection recording 27 touches off half-back with plenty of intercept possessions.
4. James Sicily (126). Pretty much had a ton at half time which cooked me in many league matchups, eventually finishing on this score from 26 disposals and 15 marks at 88%.
5. Jack Gunston (115). Dangerous up forward with 3 goals from 11 touches in what was his 200th game.
Other 100+ scores: Mark Blicavs (104)
Disappointment: Tough conditions for big forwards so those goes to Hawkins who scored 73.
Rookies: Midfield rookies Ward (65) from 18 touches and 3 tackles, while the newly DPP relevant player McDonald (53) thanks to 16 possessions (9 contested). Grainger-Barras (35) and De Koning (48) had a tough day of it in wet conditions.
Injuries: Big Hawks ruckman Ned Reeves had a painful looking dislocated shoulder early in the contest, while Jack Henry was subbed out in the last quarter.
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom
One thought on “Round 5 Review (Part 2)”
Go Hawks !