He does the hard yards every year at bye time for the community. Let’s hear it for Macca!
The Byes are coming! The Byes are coming! Are you ready? Have you planned? No? The enclosed Bye planning files may just help save you from yourself then! How are you placed – have you covered your numbers each week? Do you have the right rookies that have good JS? Bringing in Rocky? … no, just no … he could be a trap (based on prior injuries, role and so on) – but it may be genius move too! Good luck with your deliberations!
That said, please find enclosed an updated bye planner after the first ten (10) rounds.
Two versions of the planner supplied, where you can choose your “Gun Qualifier” based on Price (eg to be counted as a Gun defender, your value is over $450K) or on Average (defender = 90+) and so on … it’s up to you which one you choose!!
Qualifiers currently set to:
Def = $450,000 or 90+
Mid = $520,000 or 105+
Ruc = $480,000 or 95+
Fwd = $450,000 or 90+
Which one do you choose? Pick your poison below:
Price based: SCT 2018 AFL Bye Planner – Rnd 10 – $ Gun
Average based: SCT 2018 AFL Bye Planner – Rnd 10 – Avg Gun
Make sure you nominate any players in your squad that you do not believe will play in the byes, to get a more accurate total of available numbers (think Olango!). – SEE COLUMN G ON THE “PLANNER TAB”
The price / budget calculator shown in Cells H46 to H49 of the PLANNER TAB will let you know if you can afford any player changes for trades going into week 11 only.
HINT – use the planner to make all your team changes BEFORE playing on the actual SC site!! Saves inadvertent locking in your changes when not ready!!
The bye planner though will continue to work each week after round 11, showing how many players you have available over each of the bye rounds. You just won’t have up to date prices / BEs and so on.
- The key tab – Choose now whether each of your players are likely to play or are just an emergency loophole (think Olango) in COLUMN G – this will update the real numbers you have available each week
- Shows 2018 starting data and data as of round 10 with updated prices, average, 3 round average and BE’s.
- Simply choose the players you want in each position in each of the cells in Column B (choose from the drop down menu in each cell by alpha order on surname)
- Make sure you check your possible players (Columns O to S & rows 12, 25,30 & 40) and “Guns” (rows 13, 26, 31 & 41) for each of the bye rounds
- Check total possible numbers in rows 42 and 43 and watch for the cells colour change depending on numbers!
- A “check box” also included to indicate when you have more numbers than on-field positions in the Bye rounds – you need to factor that into your total available numbers – see columns P to S and rows 50 to 55.
PLAYER DATA TAB
- This is a key tab with the data of all players. Filters are included on each column to allow you to search on each state category like position or club or games played (eg 2 played on the bubble) and so on,
- BE’s as of round 10 are included for that all-important trade decision and negative BE’s are shown in red (you really want these … you know you do!!)
- Total points scored and games played are also included
DON’T DELETE OR ALTER ANY OF THE DATA ON ANY OF THE TABS AS IT IS USED TO MAKE THE WHOLE FILE WORK!!
For ROUND 10 only (this week) – (cash calculator on PLANNER TAB)
- You should begin by loading your current team at the end of round 10, before any trades, in Column B of PLANNER TAB
- in cell H46 enter your CURRENT team value (should be same as value showing in cell H44)
- in cell H47 enter your available cash in the bank
- Go Back and make your planned trades of players in COLUMN B
- Check cell H49 to determine if you have sufficient cash to make those trades – POP UP MESSAGES WILL APPEAR AND THE CELL IN F49 WILL CHANGE COLOUR IF GOOD OR BAD
Happy Bye Planning all and good luck over the coming rounds!!
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom