My Top Five Rookies (<$200k) of the week:
1) H Playfair (Fwd 107k) I called it early last week…. But Big Henry not only backed up his first run, he stepped it up a notch with a lazy 94. He’s bound to get a few more runs with Bradshaw on the sidelines, and given he made the team whilst Bradshaw was there… so long as he keeps playing this type of footy he may well stay in the team for the rest of the season… that said, wait till teams on Thursday :).
2) G Rohan (Mid/Fwd 198k) Well, Gary played his fourth game and took it up to another notch and I would have given him top billing if his price hadn’t already jumped. The consensus was this was Rohan’s best game and just a sign of his potential. He scored 103 this week, and given he’s a DPP he can be very handy in the midfield to fill gaps up forward…. I glad I took my own advice and picked him up last week, just disappointed I had him on the bench… oh, and will also benefit by Bradshaw’s absence.
3) J Watts (Fwd 139k) Mr Hype himself has finally got a couple of runs in the 1st’s with the Dee’s and is showing some good signs. He looks to be improving and there’s a good chance he will just keep getting better. Watts scored 76 this week, and if you want a young gun up forward he is your man, but if you want to save a few bucks go with someone more experienced and roll-the-dice, then go with Playfair. I see positives with both.
4) J Webberley (Def 138k) Webberley has been sneaking under the radar a little with modest scores in an average team… however he’s now played 4 games and had his first pay-rise. However, he’s been getting a run on the wing, not the back-pocket his SC position suggests and he stepped up with a 60 last week and could be a very handy cash-cow replacement for Kennelly particularly given a lot of people have the like of Maguire and Silvangi on the bench as adequate replacements to put on the field. Should get plenty of opportunity in a crap team.
5) B Sheppard (Def 149k) is another high draft pick getting a run for WC and has been rolling along in defence. He scored a 51 this week, and some would suggest he has plenty of room to improve his scores.
Tell what you think? And what Rooks your looking at trading in this week?
Here’s the raw data:
|R8 SC||SC Average||Player||Pos||Price||Team|
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom