Venue: Etihad Stadium, Saturday, May 28, 4.35pm AEST
Last 5 times:
R19, 2015, Fremantle 15.6 (96) d St Kilda 8.11 (59) at Etihad Stadium
R18, 2014, St Kilda 17.16 (118) d Fremantle 9.6 (60) at Etihad Stadium
R23, 2013, St Kilda 16.16 (112) d Fremantle 6.5 (41) at Etihad Stadium
R15, 2013, Fremantle 15.10 (100) d St Kilda 11.4 (70) at Domain Stadium
R4, 2012, Fremantle 14.8 (92) d St Kilda 11.13 (79) at Etihad Stadium
Top SC scores from last match:
Saints: Montagna 143, Newnes 104, Steven 101
Dockers: Sandilands 140, Neale 123, Hill 117
In: Sinclair, Murdoch
Out: Billings (Ankle), Webster (Illness)
In: Collins, Sutcliff, Barlow, Hill, De Boer
Out: A.Peace (Leg), C.Pearce (Concussion), Clarke (Omitted), Hughes (Calf), Mundy (Calf)
Game Notes: Just as North Melbourne had to lose sometime, doesn’t Freo have to win at some point? You would think when they do it’ll be at Domain Stadium though. The Saints have been playing some good footy this season, despite winning just the three games thus far. I’ll back another loss to the Dockers here.
The 6 Points
1. The Dockers’ midfield was the difference last time these sides played. Lachie Neale had 36 disposals, David Mundy 33 and Stephen Hill 29.
2. St Kilda will be aiming for consecutive wins for the first time since the first two rounds of 2014. Fremantle has lost its past 10 games, which has not happened since the first half of 2001.
3. St Kilda and Fremantle meet for the 32nd time. The Saints hold a narrow advantage, winning 17 games to 14. Under Ross Lyon though, the Dockers have won three of five clashes.
4. Fremantle is the worst side this season for taking the ball inside 50, averaging only 45.2 entries per game. St Kilda is ranked 11th, with 51.6 per game.
5. In the Saints’ favour is their record against Fremantle at Etihad Stadium. Of the 10 matches between the two clubs at the ground, St Kilda has eight wins.
6. Saints midfielder Seb Ross was the competition’s third-highest scorer in the Schick AFL Player Ratings last week, with 27.2 points.
MJ’s Tip: Saints by 18 points.
While we do our best to update posts with end of quarter scores, we aren’t always online so if you have access to the scores and see they haven’t gone into the Comments section of this post, the Community would love it if you could help us out.
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom