After a dominant opening to the season as the Dogs first choice solo ruck, Tim English has been struck down by a hamstring injury. It was sustained at training and the latest word is it’s been confirmed as low grade and he’ll miss 2 – 3 weeks. Prior to the present injury, he was averaging over 20 hitouts and touches a game and had posted scores of 123, 99, 152, 96 and 138 for a 121.6 average.
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom
16 thoughts on “Poll: English”
3-4 weeks according to WB
It has been updated to 2-3 weeks on the AFL website after initially posting 3-4 weeks.
“On Wednesday at training, Tim English had the onset of some hamstring tightness,” Western Bulldogs head of sports medicine Chris Bell said.
“MRI and clinical tests have confirmed that he has a low-grade hamstring injury.”
“The club is working through his return to play plan but expect Tim to miss the next 2-3 games.”
For those with Preuss on the pine and DPP flexibility. I could see holding Timmy and playing Preuss on-field being a smart play.
Trading think he misses 3 plus may share for a few weeks while he builds fitness
English out to:
R1 is grundy.
I debated this for a few hours, but going to trade English to Gawn for now and hope for a speedy recovery. I have Rowell and via DPP English can be a direct move, while adding 150k in the bank before he comes back.
This could always bring in the factor of Stef Martin as he has to replace him for the next few weeks. So when English is fit, will Bevo send English back in with solo ruck duties, or will it be more of a slow transition? Sharing duties will likely lower his scoring thus reducing his price.
I’d trade him due to the extra trades we were given, other seasons may have been another story
Dogs next 5 games – Crows (O’Brien) , Bombers (Draper) Power (Hayes) in Adelaide, Pies (Grundy), GC (Witts).
I see him back against Grundy at the earliest, however Martin you would think will ruck with him for a couple of games. Leaning towards trade.
It’s a trade for me. I have JHayes, xerri Dixon and Grundy R1 with Preuss R2 (freshly traded in) so I definitely have the cover but I fully expect him to be 3 weeks out then eased back into it and share duties with Stef for a week or two. I’ll cut my losses and up him to Steele or Oliver. If Preuss goes bananas in the next month we can probably trade him too English again or the next inform ruck.
Here’s my thinking on why I’ll be holding:
This round we have the benefit of GWS v Saints up before the Dogs game. Opportunity presents to loop Preuss (Ruc) and Hayes (FWD). If one scores big, you can afford to bench English and take the looped score.
Next round, Bulldogs play on Sunday, and you have the same opportunity with all of Preuss, Xerri, Hayes and Dixon (if back).
The following round Dogs play Port on the Friday, and if it’s one round of rolling the dice on someone in his position, then so be it for the sake of saving 2 trades.
Thumb up – Tom green
Thumb down – Bailey Smith
I have him at F1 ATM so my rucks are covered, but used just the 4 trades so far and am thinking to trade out to cover the points loss. Much will depend on how Hayes who is my F6 goes tonight.
And Hayes has gone down. Dunno if that makes my decision easier or harder.
Let’s not forget Tom Hickey last year. He had a blazing start before injury. The swans said he would be out for 6 weeks so I traded him, and he was back after only 1 week!