Whilst the Dee hierarchy refuses to put a date on the return of Clarry, it seems unlikely he will be risked before the bye, despite him finishing the match and running at training. His tried and tested powers of recovery will always throw doubt into that equation but for the purposes of this poll we will maintain the premise of 3-4 weeks out of the game.
For Oliver owners, the following polls are designed to get some insight into the strategies of why to hold or sell. For non Oliver owners, feel free to comment but please leave the voting to owners for accurate data analysis.
I’m assuming that more than half of our readers are in the ownership category, and that this data is relevant to each of them. The previous poll shows almost 50-50 of readers (owners and non owners) would trade/hold, but this next one should be more specific, given owners only to vote.
Now that we are establishing ownership percentage, the follow up question is simply a yes/ no/maybe option.
This next section is where I hope to gain that insight into coaches thinking.
As I said yesterday, poll on replacements would be quite tedious given the diversity of who is already in your team. It’s made even trickier given you only get to see Friday night’s match before the Dees play, not giving you a chance to loop and see how certain rookies may have helped your score. Hope this helps those in the fence sitting position, thanks for participating and good luck in your decision making.
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom
23 thoughts on “POLL: Oliver Owners Only”
“Still not sure even at this late stage.”
It’s Wednesday, Melbourne play Saturday arvo…
I am currently ranked 600 my best ranking ever so I feel like I need to trade Oliver to maintain my ranking. If however Cincotta is named and scores 70 plus then I might hold Oliver for one week to see if we get more info on his injury.
If I have a reasonable bench cover will keep, if I have no bench cover consider trading. I have enough coverage on field for the first two bye rounds but RD14 and RD 15 are a bit thin at the moment
Sideways trade to Petracca who should go better now. Will upgrade Titch to Oliver when he is available.
I play in a cash league that does not play H -H games during the byes and my rd11 matchup has Oliver so it will be a hold for me.
If I was playing for rank and had reasonable cover I would hold this week
my rank of 80k means i’m trading harder than constable bangs Dew’s missus..
Ill Hold this week and see how he pulls up in a week as I can cover with Humphrey.
If no improvement next week ill go Ashcroft to Wardlaw and then Weddle or S Mitchell to Laird which i was planning to do post bye.
Hold until Saturday arvo and see if there’s more info that comes out. Best case he plays round 12 & 13 before the round 14 bye, but still means he misses 2 of the next 4. I can’t imagine they only play him round 13 when there’s a bye in round 14 and a chance to make sure he’s 100% right, based on the comments from Goodwin “very cautious” .
By trading, it allows a chance to get in a premium who better suits your bye too.
My rank is just over 2000 so I will be trading. I would like to hold but with the lack of information from Melbourne it’s too risky to hold because it could be 4 weeks but it could be 2.
He is chasing a Brownlow though which makes me think he would return as soon as possible
Yep- reckon we only need to go back to last year when Goodwin & Dees blamed their poor finals results on players such as Clarrybeing banged up… think I remember them even stating they would follow Geelong’s plan like last year when they gave Selwood/Danger good breaks to ensure cherry ripe for finals.
Will be interesting how long he’s out for!
I’m ranked in the 6ks, have horrific bench cover( 1 player only played last week) rest dnp, using a boost this week to bring in Wardlaw , Sinclair and Neale( was Laird but better for my byes this way). My thinking is that the way this season is going another premo is bound to get injured by the time Oliver comes back and if not I’m keeping 100k aside, leaves me with 13 trades and a boost.
Thumbs up: good plan go for it
Thumbs down: I’m delusional
If you have such poor bench cover it seems you probably need to trade him as you’d likely lose a lot of points without a bench player to cover for him. Depends on who the rookie is too. If they were only scoring around 60, you’d then likely lose about 60 points this round and a captain choice.
The byes then arrive and if you have only 18-19 playing, you’d likely lose a lot again. The Rd 13 bye should be no real loss, and then the 14th he would be out anyway.
It also seems that they won’t rush him back. So do you think he would be 100% fit by round 13-15 or will he be slightly managed back, which could make him drop in value? I’m not expecting him to play in the next 2 games.
I am also confused with your wording about the trades. Do you currently have 13 and 1 boost left? Thus making your trades after this week as 10 left with 0 boosts?
Or is it after doing these trades you will have 13 left and a boost?
If you would only have 10 left it would be hard to bring him back with the little cash gen you’d have. Taking his price and trading it to 2 cheaper players the scores of 105-110 adds up better than having players scoring 120 and maybe one you have to bring in scoring 90 for the rest of the season.
Unless you feel you could easily recover the points that you would lose by holding him now, you could probably hold him. You’d likely need to be bringing in a lot more rookies for cash gen to upgrade to more premiums though. So it would likely be less upgrades for the future rounds
“Very cautious” is a term that’s often used for “Nursing”, which indicates he will be given reduced game time for a game or two when he returns…..
I don’t own him.
If I did I would be waiting until Friday night/Saturday morning to find out any more potential information.
If no good news is heard, I’d likely trade him with 15 trades left (1 boost) as I have only 2-3 rookies left on field being Wilmot, Ashcroft and Weddle. I then have Mitchell and Baker still on the bench playing, as well as Johnson, Cincotta and Sharp.
I feel I’d have enough money to make those upgrades and then still be able to upgrade to him with the midseason draft about to occur for future cash gen options
Poll Ollivier owners only
First sentence ” I don’t own him”
How about you re read the information before the poll starts……..
“For non Oliver owners, feel free to comment but please leave the voting to owners for accurate data analysis.”
I didn’t place a vote…….
Was trying to be a smartass, in my defence an add for Stayz might have blocked what I could see , and I got annoyed with trying to close it and kept going into it, no offence intended, can you please make a response to my previous message ,cos all I’m getting is thumbs down and if appreciate your feedback,
I am holding. Horrific year so regardless I am mostly cooked.
However, he is a renowned quick healer, and given he played the game out means he might be better than they let on.
I’ll hold and cover with the terrible options I have!
Trading as I hope to get a small advantage over teams that hold, I should have the funds to upgrade Ashcroft to Oliver for round 15, completing my midfield.
I’m definitely trading out Oliver. He now becomes Stewart (who I traded out before Round 2 because of his medium term injury). The definition of irony will be if Clarry just misses a week.
Currently 67th and hurt even more so by also owning Jelly…
Will be trading both which stunts growth but silver lining is it enables a better bye structure.
Ranked in the top 1k
Bench is…. Not as bad as others but definitely not good. Have Davey, Dury, Johnson and Chesser who are playing but not scoring.
Have all on field spots sorted with decent players and Weddle/Mitchell as my first bench player. And 3 dead rookies.
Will need a rookie refresh or 2. So now it’s just about seeing how that fits with my bye structure
Probably need to trade Clarry if he doesn’t play and don’t have Laird so that’s the move… hmm