My Top Five Rookies (<$200k) of the week:
1) J Blair (Mid 100k) is a quality player, and despite the fact he plays for Pies he actually looks a quality player and good user of the ball. Subsequently he is scoring like a champion and racked up a ton in his second week with an average of 91. I can’t see too many Pies on the sidelines that will take his spot, I’m sure Maxwell’s return will be for a different type of player. So if you need to cash in a midfielder, this is the only decent midfield option for you.
2) A Strijk (Def 130k) has now racked up three consecutive 50’s and has been pretty solid in defense. I said it last week, but he should get plenty of opportunity given West Coasts current position and Whoosha already committed to youth and turning his eyes to next season.
3) A Smith (Def 100k) had a stellar first up game scoring a massive 92. I’m not 100% convinced as ‘yet’ and would like to wait and see if he gets a run next week and if he can step-up again. Just like Strijk, being a WC boy should get plenty of opportunity
4) T Dennis-Lane (Fwd 94k) is another mature age rookie who plays tall in the forward line. He had a stinker in his first week, but played better this week with a solid 58. I also think that with Sydney having Bradshaw and Rohan on the sidelines for undefined times will create opportunity for this lad.
5) R Tarrant (Fwd 100k) After 27 shoulder reconstructions, there were a lot of people wanting to see how T2 went. Well predominantly played in defense which gives a newbie an easier opportunity to score, despite being listed as a forward. He scored well with a solid 62. However, he didn’t have a great game and was beaten in defense, and I hope he gets another chance this week.
BTW: Henderson racked up a massive 136 on the weekend. This tells me one thing after three consecutive write-ups…. that is: Listen to the BS.
Here’s the raw data:
|R15 SC||SC Average||Player||Pos||Price||Team|
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom