My Top Five Rookies (<$200k) of the week:
1) N Fyfe (Fwd 94k) has been outstanding in his first two games for a $94k rookie. His first week of 104 was sensational given his pre-season form. His ave after two games is sitting on 89. Also, with the rookie and Dangerfield trouble in my forward line, I will be looking to bring in Fyfe this week assuming he is named. I expect he will get plenty of opportunity given the Dockers don’t have a great forward line, and he is getting a run despite Freo not have a lot of injuries at the moment.
2) J Grant (Fwd 159k) Just played his second game and has been serviceable for the Doggies. He has had two similar performances and has an average of 75. I not sure he will get a run regularly in the team, but at this stage looks solid, and definitely improving. The Doggies rate him highly, and took him very high in the draft a couple of years ago.
3) D Roberton (Def 94k) Well Freo keep pulling kids out of their ass and keep winning which means they a getting plenty of the ball and subsequently good SC scores. Roberton just played his first game on the weekend and plucked a 74. So whilst I wouldn’t rush out a grab him this week, keep an eye on him, and another good performance next week will see him jump up the list.
4) J Roughead (Ruck 100k) So Rookie rucks are hard to find, We Lobbe getting a run for Port, and may get more opportunity than Roughead given big Will Minson is knocking on the team door. But Roughead has been solid for a rookie ruck and has an average of 51. If you Ruck stocks are in trouble he may be a good man to have on the bench. If you want another rookie Ruck option look at Lobbe at Port as both have racked up 2 games a piece and will jump in price a little next week..
5) B Cunnington (Mid 159k) Many may ask why the hell do I have Cunnington on the list given he only scored 24 last week. Well my reasoning is simple, he just played his second game, he is one of the last top 10 draft picks to get a run, and he WILL be something special. Playing for the Kangas, he will get plenty of opportunity. If you want a solid contributor in your midfield or even on the bench, then Cunnington may be your man….. I’d suggest going forward he will score similar to Dustin Martin, Lewis Jetta or even Trengrove if we’re lucky.
Special mention to the cult leader at the Cattery, the “Pod” who is killing it, and I am absolutely gutted that I took Rockliff over the Pod a couple of weeks ago. Also special mention to J Kayler-Thompson who I traded in last week after Ablett and Martin were both out. JKT had one of the worst games I’ve ever seen with a score of 14, and I’d say will not survive the Clarkson axe this week
Tell what you think? And what Rooks your looking at trading in this week?
|R6 SC||SC Average||Player||Pos||Price||Team|
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom