MACRAE v Giants
- L3 v Giants: 133, 105, 120 (119 av.)
- L3 @ MO: 120, 102, 124 (115 av.)
Went to town on the Suns as expected last week with 35 touches, 15 contested and 7 clearances at a deadly 88%. Bont to get attention from the Giants, so Macrae so sail to 130 no problems.
DUNKLEY v Giants
- L3 v Giants: 128, 169, 87 (128 av.)
- L3 @ MO: 87, 77 (82 av.)
Comfortably the #1 FWD and averaging 128. Plays on a lower CBA load than Bont and Macrae, but makes his time on ball count with usually a 50%+ CP rate on his touches and a 6 tackle average. A lock for 125 this week.
GAWN v Tigers
- L3 v Tigers: 163, 134, 145 (147 av.)
- L3 @ MCG: 172, 135, 93 (133 av.)
Didn’t just dominate ruck contests last week, Big Maxxy threw down 26 touches and team high marks (10), CPs (19) and clearances (5) for 172 points. Will spank Nank for 140+ and rack up plenty of HOs to adv. against a Tigers side that leaks clearances and MID points.
Accordingly, recipients of Maxxy’s work in Satan and Racca are also viable VC options.
FYFE v Roos
- L3 v Roos: 140, 147, 163 (150 av.)
- L3 @ OS: 133, 92, 87 (104 av.)
Averages 150 against Roos, who are somehow even worse than the last time Fyfe had a field day against them. Playing at home and coming off a moral boosting win, pencil Fyfe in for 130.
MITCHELL v Crows
- L3 v Crows: 120, 136, 101 (119 av.)
- L3 @ UTAS: 159, 106, 135 (133 av.)
Racked up plenty of it the last fortnight but clipped by a low CP rate and poor DE%. Hawks always turn up in Tassie, Titch a lock for 125.
GRUNDY v Dons
- L3 v Dons: 151, 134, 157 (147 av.)
- L3 @ MCG: 92, 135, 70 (99 av.)
Even though Nic Nat edged him out 1 on 1, Grundy was phenomenal across the ground with team high CPs (15) and tackles (7) and two goals as a result of the Pies finally targeting him when he floated FWD. In energetic form and the Dons without a ruck, don’t see how Grundy doesn’t go 140.
NEALE v Blues
- L3 v Blues: 142, 106, 159 (136 av.)
- L3 @ MRVL: 89, 79, 106 (91 av.)
Nearly back to 100% last week with 38 touches, 17 CPs and 8 clearances to the relief of those (myself included) who held. Appears to be back, but almost certainly gets restricted to a low-ton by Curnow this week. Steer clear.
STEELE v Port
- L3 v Port: 114, 67, 81 (87 av.)
- L3 @ AO: 162, 121, 81 (121 av.)
Started hot last week but was always going to struggle to serve up a respectable score in a 90 point demolition. With Steele at the helm, the Saints will surely look to bounce back this week: 120 at a minimum with a chance to go large.
Gawn into Grundy, using the now injured Jones as a loop.
Leave a comment / Scroll to bottom